• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How do you carry/What do you carry with your McGizmo?

vph0107

Newly Enlightened
I have grown to love my Haiku so much, it, along with my Oveready BOSS and Okluma DC1 have become part of my EDC rotation. While I love my DC1, being my introduction into custom lights, and my BOSS, which is a powerhouse of a light, there is just so much utility to be had with a Gizmo. I'm just wondering what potentially unique things people do when carrying theirs. For me, I have my Haiku using Tana's XPL-Hi SuperLE, with the 1x123 pak.
Now for general EDC, I just clip it to my right pocket, and have a cetacea coil clipped onto my belt in case I need to use it, as I've seen people do with Don's tether. If I'm going the distance however, such as a long drive, I have a small pelican case where I keep spare batteries, as well as additional heads for other light engines, such as datiLED's UV module, or the stock HIVE engine. Eventually planning on getting a Tana TripLED for flood option as well, even better if he can fit a 371D in there.
How about you guys? Is there any accessory setup you've got going on with your McGizmo light? It's cool if you just carry it standalone too, just figured I'd let others share in the appreciation for just how utilitarian and reliable this little light can be.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have grown to love my Haiku so much, it, along with my Oveready BOSS and Okluma DC1 have become part of my EDC rotation. While I love my DC1, being my introduction into custom lights, and my BOSS, which is a powerhouse of a light, there is just so much utility to be had with a Gizmo. I'm just wondering what potentially unique things people do when carrying theirs. For me, I have my Haiku using Tana's XPL-Hi SuperLE, with the 1x123 pak.
Now for general EDC, I just clip it to my right pocket, and have a cetacea coil clipped onto my belt in case I need to use it, as I've seen people do with Don's tether. If I'm going the distance however, such as a long drive, I have a small pelican case where I keep spare batteries, as well as additional heads for other light engines, such as datiLED's UV module, or the stock HIVE engine. Eventually planning on getting a Tana TripLED for flood option as well, even better if he can fit a 371D in there.
How about you guys? Is there any accessory setup you've got going on with your McGizmo light? It's cool if you just carry it standalone too, just figured I'd let others share in the appreciation for just how utilitarian and reliable this little light can be.

I have a couple customs and they form a part of a regular rotation where the Haiku dominates. I quite like the DC1 and BOSS as well although I have small niggles (the DC1 is rather bland and the BOSS is far too slippery).

The weirdest thing is I picked up a Torchlab E head for a spare McGizmo 123 Clickie Pak and it is decidedly a winner, classic McGizmo form over function with perfect grip and a powerful modern aluminum head with excellent heat dissipation and fancy programmability. I carry that a lot too, but the Haiku in its purest form (3 speeds, with memory) still wins me over even if not the original converter (I enjoy AA, HIVE, or SuperLE/H17Fx).

I do have a retractor tether for backcountry adventures for my lights, but for daily carry I go bare.

In the end I left McGizmo land to try other makers but eventually came back with full appreciation for what Don has made and brought to our little community.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've finally gotten around to taking a pic of my set up. I usually carry this in a holster and have the O-ring on top to give a little extra grip on two finger grip. Even if I pocket carry it, the O-ring doesn't get in the way. I have this set up on my 2x123 pak as well.

Much like Carrot, I had a Haiku a while ago and for some reason it just didn't feel comfortable. I picked this a a couple of years ago and while it splits time with an HDS, it has become one of my favorite lights.

1iDznL0.jpg

Last edited: