got gas?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its not around here at all. its like a scene out of mad max

scout24

Flashaholic
$3.13 9/10 per gal today here in northeast Pennsylvania. Up 8 cents since last weekend. No lines, stations all have fuel. So far so good...

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack outage is really starting to hit states on the east coast. I've heard of fights breaking out already. People hitting each other's cars as someone cuts in line and ending up spitting in each other's face. Some states have over half of their gas stations empty. The company says they'll have the gas pumping again by the end of this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Might be good to stay close to home until things return to normal. People get crazy and desperate when this type of thing happens.

And yes, I have gas, but I live in California. Good luck to those of you on the east coast.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Gas is up 20 cents a gallon here....... but still at $2.90 probably cheaper than most places. We have a refinery in town and tank farms also so likely it would take awhile to run out here.

Poppy

Flashaholic
More than 98% of stations in FLorida have gas.
Friends left Florida for New Jersey and ran out of gas in North Carolina.

The end of the pipeline is in New Jersey at a tank farm. So there is a lot stored there. Also NJ gets about 50% of its' fuel from imports through the Port of Newark, and Port of New York. Unless people go into a frenzy, they'll be fine there.

As a side note: last night at 5:00 PM, Wednesday, Colonial stated that they started re-opening the pipe line.

Msf

Enlightened
Both stations in my town are out. Most folks around here have to commute 25 or more miles one way to work, so it's getting a little tense.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I told my supervisor that by Friday I may not have fuel to get to work at the rate things were going. My commute is as much as 75 miles each way. My contractor was also having trouble finding fuel but they use a lot every day.
So far so good.
The other evening there were long lines at the pumps. Yesterday there were plastic bags over pump handles at some stations.
I just top off each evening lately

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
You've probably seen the plastic shopping bag being filled with gas. I've seen dumb, but what exactly are their plans here?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've probably seen the plastic shopping bag being filled with gas. I've seen dumb, but what exactly are their plans here?

Using bags to carry gas is common throughout much of Latin America, though they often use special bags for it, it's still scary

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last Tuesday folks in my area grumbled about $2.75 a gallon for regular. This past Tuesday they happily paid $3.65 a gallon for premium because that's all there was.
Today it's $2.99 for regular and folks are buying it up like it's 2 for 1 day.

One cool thing I noticed is if the station has a line and your tank filler is on the passenger side you get in and get out faster as most have the filler on the driver side. Three times this week as I pulled in behind the only car with it on the passenger side they were finished and leaving. I'd get my little 6 gallons to top off lickety split. Mrs Fixer said she noticed that with her car as well.

boo5ted

Enlightened
laughs in E85.

51177414151_2bdf7f180f_z.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
That's funny :)

Years ago during the gas shortage in the 70's, I had a delivery route, and had to fill up at least every third day. Fortunately, we had an account with one station, and I don't recall him ever running out of fuel.

I don't recall exactly, but I think that the bus drivers may have been on strike, or for lack of fuel, they ran fewer busses. At any rate a clever young man, needed to get somewhere, and bought a gallon gas container. Stations would allow him to walk to the front of the line and fill it up.

I didn't hesitate for a second to pick up this hitch hiker, holding a gallon of gas with a sign... "Free Gas!"

I learned to carry a five gallon gas can in the truck with me. If I came across an open station, I'd park the truck, and carry the gas can to the front of the line. I don't think I did that more than once or twice, but it is always good to have a plan.

Tasky

Newly Enlightened
Last Tuesday folks in my area grumbled about $2.75 a gallon for regular.
Aw, shame.....

Tell them to call me, once it goes past $8 per gallon. That's the UK average price!! :laughing: