Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got gas?

Default got gas?

its not around here at all. its like a scene out of mad max
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: got gas?

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    its not around here at all. its like a scene out of mad max

Two men enter, one man leaves.
    GOOD TINT!

2021's version of the toilet paper
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

$3.13 9/10 per gal today here in northeast Pennsylvania. Up 8 cents since last weekend. No lines, stations all have fuel. So far so good...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Looks like the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack outage is really starting to hit states on the east coast. I've heard of fights breaking out already. People hitting each other's cars as someone cuts in line and ending up spitting in each other's face. Some states have over half of their gas stations empty. The company says they'll have the gas pumping again by the end of this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Might be good to stay close to home until things return to normal. People get crazy and desperate when this type of thing happens.

And yes, I have gas, but I live in California. Good luck to those of you on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    2021's version of the toilet paper

+

100%

Whenever I need a good laugh,
    I picture people in flip flops walking out of BigBoxUSA with carts full of toilet paper.

I always have gas.
    Streamlight ProTac HL - SureFire P2X Fury - Fenix PD35 v2.0 - Fenix PD25 - Sunwayman V11R XML2 6A3 mod - Olight Warrior X Pro - Skilhunt H04

Gas is up 20 cents a gallon here....... but still at $2.90 probably cheaper than most places. We have a refinery in town and tank farms also so likely it would take awhile to run out here.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

More than 98% of stations in FLorida have gas.
    Friends left Florida for New Jersey and ran out of gas in North Carolina.

The end of the pipeline is in New Jersey at a tank farm. So there is a lot stored there. Also NJ gets about 50% of its' fuel from imports through the Port of Newark, and Port of New York. Unless people go into a frenzy, they'll be fine there.

As a side note: last night at 5:00 PM, Wednesday, Colonial stated that they started re-opening the pipe line.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Both stations in my town are out. Most folks around here have to commute 25 or more miles one way to work, so it’s getting a little tense.

I told my supervisor that by Friday I may not have fuel to get to work at the rate things were going. My commute is as much as 75 miles each way. My contractor was also having trouble finding fuel but they use a lot every day.
    So far so good.
    The other evening there were long lines at the pumps. Yesterday there were plastic bags over pump handles at some stations.
    I just top off each evening lately
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-13-2021 at 06:04 AM.
    John 3:16

You've probably seen the plastic shopping bag being filled with gas. I've seen dumb, but what exactly are their plans here?
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    You've probably seen the plastic shopping bag being filled with gas. I've seen dumb, but what exactly are their plans here?
    Filing an insurance claim for the loss of their vehicle in a violent conflagration?
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    Filing an insurance claim for the loss of their vehicle in a violent conflagration?
    +

"The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis"

It's Always Sunny ___ ____ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUQ-ds9LIvw

Using bags to carry gas is common throughout much of Latin America, though they often use special bags for it, it's still scary

you cant fix stupid
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Last Tuesday folks in my area grumbled about $2.75 a gallon for regular. This past Tuesday they happily paid $3.65 a gallon for premium because that's all there was.
    Today it's $2.99 for regular and folks are buying it up like it's 2 for 1 day.

One cool thing I noticed is if the station has a line and your tank filler is on the passenger side you get in and get out faster as most have the filler on the driver side. Three times this week as I pulled in behind the only car with it on the passenger side they were finished and leaving. I'd get my little 6 gallons to top off lickety split. Mrs Fixer said she noticed that with her car as well.

laughs in E85.

"America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

That's funny

Years ago during the gas shortage in the 70's, I had a delivery route, and had to fill up at least every third day. Fortunately, we had an account with one station, and I don't recall him ever running out of fuel.

I don't recall exactly, but I think that the bus drivers may have been on strike, or for lack of fuel, they ran fewer busses. At any rate a clever young man, needed to get somewhere, and bought a gallon gas container. Stations would allow him to walk to the front of the line and fill it up.

I didn't hesitate for a second to pick up this hitch hiker, holding a gallon of gas with a sign... "Free Gas!"

I learned to carry a five gallon gas can in the truck with me. If I came across an open station, I'd park the truck, and carry the gas can to the front of the line. I don't think I did that more than once or twice, but it is always good to have a plan.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Last Tuesday folks in my area grumbled about $2.75 a gallon for regular.
    Aw, shame.....

Tell them to call me, once it goes past $8 per gallon. That's the UK average price!!
    "Life is no brief candle, but a splendid torch made to burn ever more brightly" - Edward Dunlop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasky View Post
    Aw, shame.....

Tell them to call me, once it goes past $8 per gallon. That's the UK average price!!

Ouch! Luckily you could drive across the county in the time it would take me to simply get out of one state.
    GOOD TINT!

Small town USA is resupplied near my work. I pulled into a local station for their country fried fish dinner with mashed potatoes and collards and saw they too have gasoline again. There's no big lines either. Actually 6 out of 8 pumps don't have cars waiting as I type this.

Now diesel? That's another story.

Heard someone tried drilling into the gas tank of a Uhaul truck to steal gas. People are getting desperate and stupid, a scary combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    Heard someone tried drilling into the gas tank of a Uhaul truck to steal gas. People are getting desperate and stupid, a scary combination.
    I think people used to use a screwdriver or ice pick to poke a hole in a gas tank and put a pan under it to catch gas. I'm guessing as long as it isn't leaking when you puncture it there is nothing to catch on fire but get it leaking and hit it again and a spark could be a problem.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

I didn't top off yesterday knowing I have another 150 mile trek with 125 miles worth of fuel left. There was only one filling station in my town still out yesterday. But what made me happy was seeing all those little towns have fuel again.

A couple days this week there were periods I was setting next to a normally crowded interstate and there periods of 2 or 3 minutes with no traffic whizzing past. Then a few vehicles, then nothing again. And not because a wreck had shut it down. It was as if it were 3am and the sun was still shining. At 3am traffic goes past in spurts like that.

They were back out yesterday. Boats, campers, truckers and it seemed like every few minutes another gasoline tanker went past. The strangest thing though was no Teslas going past on the days with low traffic counts. I normally see several of those each day. That and Prius or Volts etc but Wednesday and Thursday I didn't see any. Perhaps they were afraid of ice pick wielding gasoline hoarders with trash bags full of gasoline? I dunno.

The pipeline company says they're back to normal operation now. This should settle down as soon as the refining logistics catch up.

How much ransom did they have to pay?

Flashaholic

Five million, I think.

Ouch! Luckily you could drive across the county in the time it would take me to simply get out of one state.
    Distance-wise yes.
    But time-wise, I think our speed limits, perpetual road works and heavy traffic would mean you're more likely to hit the State Line before I even make it through Bridgewater... and that's assuming I don't burn through a whole tank waiting for all the traffic lights in Slough to change!!
    "Life is no brief candle, but a splendid torch made to burn ever more brightly" - Edward Dunlop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast