Best 9007 Bulbs

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I hope I am not annoying anyone by coming here when I need to know a bit more about the best bulbs but I go through vehicles quite a bit and own quite a few as well.
Is the GE Nighthawk NHX 9007 still the brightest bulb in 2021? Just thought that I would ask as time goes on.

Never know.

Thanks!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The GE Nighthawk line no longer exists as such, now it is the Tungsram Nighthawk line. Hungarian Tungsram and American GE have had significant ties since the late '80s, and a short while back the entire GE automotive lighting activity was transferred/sold/etc to Tungsram. Rather than employ a one company/two brands strategy like Osram (rest of the world) and Sylvania (North America), they decided to use only the Tungsram brand, everywhere.

There were some quality concerns with the GE Nighthawk 9004 and 9007 bulbs...some of them came through bent (literally, as in burner capsule not straight forward from base). I don't know if those have been addressed, but I see some new concerns with the pictures circulating of the Tungsram Nighthawk 9007s. I haven't gotten around to buying any, myself.

If you want the best-performing 9007 that is easily/lazily available, go with the Philips X-treme Vision +100. If you want the best-performing 9007, period, go see if Daniel Stern has more of the unlisted Osram-Sylvania +130s with no blue tint.

In any event, don't use "LED bulbs", and make sure your lamps are aimed correctly.

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
The GE Nighthawk line no longer exists as such, now it is the Tungsram Nighthawk line.

If you want the best-performing 9007 that is easily/lazily available, go with the Philips X-treme Vision +100. If you want the best-performing 9007, period, go see if Daniel Stern has more of the unlisted Osram-Sylvania +130s with no blue tint.

In any event, don't use "LED bulbs", and make sure your lamps are aimed correctly.

Thanks for allowing me to come back when I swap vehicles and as time goes on. Glad I did based on that line no longer existing in it's previous form. Quick and lazy for once...I purchased the Philips X-treme Vision +100.

Last edited by a moderator:

haha1234

Newly Enlightened
As you know, the NHX prices fluctuate widely! Right now, Amazon has one pair for $15

So even though you already got a pair of Philips, maybe you might still be interested in picking up those $5 Nighthawks