Streamlight TLR-RM2 - Battery Substitutes and Charger Question

Entropy_S

Newly Enlightened
I have a Streamlight TLR-RM2 which takes 2 x CR123 batteries (see link below):

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/tlr-rm2

I want to switch over to a monolithic battery solution, and the 16650 battery looks to fit the bill. But before I go down this rabbit hole, I was hoping to get some insight.

What other options exist for a monolithic battery solution, other than a 16650 battery, that would work for my use case?

Appreciate the help and input!

Last edited:

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm reasonably certain that any other options would have to be custom designed and built. Such as a boost driver that would operate on a single AA cell. You might have just enough room to stuff the circuitry in the space ahead of the AA cell to do it. I don't know for sure and I haven't heard of anyone doing this. I am certain though that there will be several people who will tell you to not use rechargeable cells in a weapon light, cuz they might fail.

Entropy_S

Newly Enlightened
I am certain though that there will be several people who will tell you to not use rechargeable cells in a weapon light, cuz they might fail.
True, you aren't the first. However, I have tested a 16650 cell in the RM2 and it works just fine, no adverse effects at all. Thanks for your insight and reply!