Acebeam        

Thread: List Your Favorite Light You Have Had For More Than 2 Years Than You Use Nightly

Default List Your Favorite Light You Have Had For More Than 2 Years Than You Use Nightly

I figured this would be a great topic that would include lights with great durability. I have had many nice lights, but my choice is the Zebralight SC63w. I honestly can't remember what year I bought it, but after many drops and daily use (actually nightly use as an always on nightlight), I can't think of a more useful and durable light in my collection. My 2nd choice is the Zebralight H602w headlamp which is one of my favorite tools. One more light I use a lot, but not every day, and not sure if I have had it at least 2 years, is the Lumintop Tool 2.0 AA.

Default Re: List Your Favorite Light You Have Had For More Than 2 Years Than You Use Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by 7tisix View Post
    I figured this would be a great topic that would include lights with great durability. I have had many nice lights, but my choice is the Zebralight SC63w. I honestly can't remember what year I bought it, but after many drops and daily use (actually nightly use as an always on nightlight), I can't think of a more useful and durable light in my collection. My 2nd choice is the Zebralight H602w headlamp which is one of my favorite tools. One more light I use a lot, but not every day, and not sure if I have had it at least 2 years, is the Lumintop Tool 2.0 AA.
    Interesting topic. One of the ways that I list/categorize my 49 lights is by date of acquisition.

#18. Acebeam X45vn 4 x XHP70.2. 4 x 18650. June 19, 2017, 25,000 lumens. I requested and received the KG Tuning specimen from Vinh.

I just got done using it two and a half hours ago. I usually use at least two lights nightly. On my belt is always a small, medium and large holster. Never are all three empty, sometimes only one holster is empty.

I like to rotate edc lights, and the one that comes up most frequently is: #26. Emisar D4V2 vn, Feb. 22, 2020, quad W2, 4,020 lumens, 429 meters with throw optics. Single 18650. Midway in size between S2 Baton and E4K. After four years, this is the replacement for my super trusty S2 Baton.

There are so many small, medium, large and extra large lights that I love.

My lights.
    Because I like big lights, my flashlightical views lean heavily toward both the extreme bright and the extreme heft.

Default Re: List Your Favorite Light You Have Had For More Than 2 Years Than You Use Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by 7tisix View Post
    While I do carry a few different lights on a regular basis depending on my preference for the day, the one I take more than any other is my Surefire C2. It has an XM-L P60 upgrade and 16650 cell from Keeppower but is otherwise stock. Though my Olight M2T and Warrior Mini are starting to get more use.
    Last edited by lightfooted; 05-15-2021 at 01:12 AM.

My HDS Rotary that I’ve had for about 3 years gets used multiple times day and night.

Flashaholic*

1. Malkoff M61N
    I don't use it nightly any more, and it's in a MD3 with hi/lo ring right now, but my Malkoff MD2 with original M61N drop-in had thousands of hours of use from >8yrs of being my primary light source on my night shift job before being replaced by a newer and brighter Malkoff.
    This light has been dropped on concrete and steel grating many times over the years from doing stuff with the light in my hand without taking time to use its lanyard. The wear around the front edge of the bezel looking almost uniform is due to using a file to smooth out the gouges.

2. Malkoff M60WLF
    The >12yr old M60WLF was recently moved to a MD2 host, but started out as my EDC in a bored SF C2-HA, then was switched to the Malkoff VME head on a SF E2D body, where it stayed for quite a few years.
    I still use it regularly.

3. Zebralight SC52w
    My EDC for about the same amount of time as the M61N was my work light, >8yrs. The edge of its bezel has also seen a file a time or two.
    Like the M61N, it was replaced this past winter with a newer model(SC64w HI).

These were 3 of my only 4 handheld lights for most of a decade, before deciding to upgrade everything.

Honorable mention to the Zebralight H52Fw bought around the same time as the SC52w. Not a nightly user, but my hiking/backpacking light that still sees 100% of my use in the woods, unless I bring another light to play with.

Definitely got my money's worth from all 4

First "pricey" light that I actually used and tried to EDC but ended up using it as a travel emergency flashlight is a SF ED2 Defender LED (1st gen). I still carry it in a shoulder pouch on my backpack when riding the motorcycle over state lines. I think it's going on around 20 years in use, but currently I'm using the body to test out LF alternatives... will return it to stock if I do any long road trips.

Eagletac Ti Clicky (one version or another) was my EDC for years. I didn't like the stubbyness of the CR123 version, so I switched to the 14500 version and followed the gerenation change (DX3). The DX3 is still my go-to for carry when I'm not doing dirty jobs.

Current EDC is a Streamlight Macrostream USB. I tried carrying two different versions of the 18650 Clickies (currently use the Tactical version for the UI if I need an 18650 EDC), but the Macrostream USB fits the size, simple UI, rechargeablity when without a charger, and ugliness I want when I'm doing dirty jobs. Interestingly enough, I thought I'd hate the light, but it turned out to fit my needs pretty well. It's only been a couple months, but I have no plans on replacing it in the near future unless my work transitions to less labor intensive duties.

In June 2016 BullsEye Worldwide sold me a PKDL PR-1. The day it arrived I removed the clip and stuck it in my pants pocket. It is still the daily. In September that year BullsEye Worldwide soid me the PL-2 and it rides in the other pocket.
    John 3:16

Mine is an HDS Rotary 200 High CRI on an 18680 body, purchased in October 2015.

Okluma DC0 everywhere day and night

HDS F89HG. Finally realized the impossibility of finding a light that I like better.
    “Experts” are wrong about half the time. And there are two reasons for the crenelations... [My_Lights]

Eagtac D25C mini, that I did an LED swap to a 4000k Samsung LH351D. Simple interface, smoothest twisty I have ever used, right size to always have in the pocket, the reflector provides adequate throw, the large Samsung LED provides a wide hotspot great for trail walks, and it’s high CRI. Perfect complement to my HDS Exec with the same LED.

Malkoff VME head on an MDC 1CR123 body. For the last year or 2 it has held an M361LMH N219C 3000K from a group buy here.
    It's still just right for my EDC pocketlight!

NiteCore D11.2
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Mine are what most might consider “budget” lights, but they have both have worked great for me and have become my favorites.

1) Thrunite TN4A - Bought Jan 2016 and used a lot (mostly for taking the dog out at night before bed).
    2) Thrunite T10 II - Bought Feb 2019, and has been my edc flashlight since. Used daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flashaholic*

My version of the Boss: Torchlab V5 triple in 219b, Cryos Cooling bezel, Five Mega 18500 body, OR Zero Rez tail, runs 18650’s.

Malkoff MDC 16650 daily, but at night HDS Tactical Rotary with one of those recently limited LED runs, has a nice big hot spot and 5000 tint I believe. I also use the Elzetta Bravo with the first AVS head running a 16650 fairly often.

My two favorites at night.

This baby here. Have had it for about 5 years now, and use it all the time, day or night.

Nitecore TIP CRI second generation (no parasitic circuit that kills battery on lockout within 24 hours and no complicated U.I. like the last version).

I rotate through my collection, but a 2014 D25C Ti. clicky and is currently in heavy rotation.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Lumintop Tool AAA. This is my EDC. I have had it several years. I depend on it for a variety of tasks. It never lets me down.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    I rotate through my collection, but a 2014 D25C Ti. clicky and is currently in heavy rotation.

Chris
    Hear hear, great light

Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Man, I really miss those original G2's. I had a few, but every time I'd drag one out in front of family they'd grow legs. Wife "misplaced" the last one I had....like 10 years ago. Like socks in the dryer, POOF!! Gone.

Wish SF would bring them back. Even a single 123 tube would be awesome.

I carry a few lights nightly; HDS Rotary (EDC), Fury, T1A (EDC), and Beta QRv2 on my key ring. I'd like to rotate the Fury with the P1R, but the aggressive bezel on the P1R keeps it sitting on the dresser. Wish I could find a smooth bezel option for the P1R. BTW, I have 1" shrink tubing on the P1R's body. Surefire's knurling is too aggressive.

Pops

Another BTW, I carry two back-up Surefire's in my briefcase; LX2 and a 6PX Pro. Forgot, I have a Minimus in the briefcase as well. ....

Love'um all! ...
    Last edited by AZPops; 05-18-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Flashaholic*

Since I am typically home in the night hours these days it is the Paklite. I have a Seraph SP-6 with a Malkoff that sees a lot of backyard duty and a Solarforce LM2 with 1XCR123 also Malkoffed that I often use digging around upstairs for something but it is the Pak-lite that sees nightly use.Having so many lights to use it could be any number of different models through out the course of the month depending on my needs but the Pak-lite is just so convenient around the house it gets regular use.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

These 2 Surefire Maximus each got daily use on the ranch and in my shop — each one got about 5 years of heavy, heavy use (many drops, tosses, etc around the shop) before the battery started failing.

Sent them in for “service” to SF and they sent me back 2 brand new ones The old two were 500 lumen models, and I believe had a way better tint than the new 1000 lumen model.

Last edited by Celery; 05-24-2021 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Embedded img rather than attached

Flashaholic*

Surefire E2e. But then I guess I've used them for over 20 years so.. 2 ?
    ampdude

Quote Originally Posted by Sambob View Post
    My two favorites at night.
    I'm wearing a TH20 as I read this thread, ha ha! It is hands-down my most-used light (every night) and has been for a few years now. My flashlight use has dropped in the last year, but not my headlamp use. Perusing CPF tonight may bring the flashlights back into play very soon.

Interestingly enough, lately I've been doing more with Krill lights than flashlights, too, so your post really strikes a chord for me

Flashaholic*

I also carry and use a Zebralight daily, an H600. I use it for a worklight/headlamp as well as a handheld. The other EDC is a Leupold i converted to a P60 with a floody quad that is used for a quick access light. During School, i have a H604c that i sue for getting the kids ready for school in the morning as well as using it alongside the H600 for night time yard work, but since i don't use it daily in the summer, i won't count that.