Need a new flashlight. I broke my Streamlight 2AA

kestak

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I had since a few years a Streamlight 2AA (250 lumens I think) and sadly I drop it and my F250 rolled over it. I kept it clamped inside my front jeans right pocket by my pocket knife.

I have a Phoenix 1AA and it is a good flashlight but I need one that last a little bit more. For work I use a Nitecore P12GT and love it. But it is not a AA.

I am tempted to buy another streamlight but maybe there is something better and cheaper. Hit me with your suggestions guys and gals.

Thank you

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Hiya,

Truck roll-over resistant light :

NB: Posted for entertainment only. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME.
(KAL II is updated version of KAL 100 in video.)

I love 2AA form factor. Like the world-renowned Mini Maglite.

If it was distributed in Europe with hi-CRI, the Malkoff Devices MDC HA 2AA.

Cheers & don't forget to tell us what you get.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Have you considered an 18650 light. The diameter is larger but it is shorter in length and there are a lot more choices than 2AA versions out there you can find decent offerings under $30 and almost every serious light manufacturer makes one. You could also consider a 14500 light too shorter and have higher output and lighter if you use rechargeable batteries plus many will work on normal 1.5v AA chemistries.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Was that the requirement? My apologies then

Ha ! You are totally right, t'was not an explicit requirement.

But had the OP's Streamlight 2AA withstood the F250's "kiss of death", there would (in all probability) be no thread, would there ?
So I'm not in any way saying your suggestion is outlandish. Au contraire, it's a solid 2AA model with a very enviable reputation.

Also, I'm genuinely curious to know if the "new" fenix e20, the V2 version, is tough enough to take on an F250's "death hug".

Wotchoo think ?

Cheers.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it has to be 2AA and survive being run over by a truck, try an Inova X2. If you aren't going to run it over with a truck, get a Quark.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a streamlight lux jr with an upgraded SSCP4 emitter in it that isn't half bad. I should probably upgrade it again as LEDs are perhaps 50% or more efficient now than the SSCP4 I got in it. I picked up 10 of the LEDs and only used just one and now they are like the luxeons and 5mm LEDs I have.... outdated.

kestak

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

for the record, the streamlight got rolled over my f250 on a crushed rock driveway. The tube bended just a little bit but a rock dented it at the first aa battery and the battery got crushed a little bit and there was no way to take it out and fix the tube. The flashlight still worked until the batteries ran out. Btw the battery was eneelop.

i have 18650 nitecore flashlights (E20 and p12). I used the p12 as impact weapon(on my job) and I prefer it by far than the issued big streamlight. I am able to carry it in my shirt pocket, freeing space on my belt.

i bought a Nitecore MT2A and like it. I am waiting to receive a Trunite Archer to compare it. Already I see that Nitecore is brighter than the Streamlight and the grip feels better.I do not like however the fact that I need to unscrew the head to change mode but I can live with it. Honestly, I am very partial to Nitecore. They are build like tanks and for the hundred or thousand hours of usage, my P12 still working like a new one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Greetings,

for the record, the streamlight got rolled over my f250 on a crushed rock driveway. The tube bended just a little bit but a rock dented it at the first aa battery and the battery got crushed a little bit and there was no way to take it out and fix the tube. The flashlight still worked until the batteries ran out. Btw the battery was eneelop.

Sounds like one of those days where there was one nail on the road and you found it with your tire. Dratz!