Streamlight Syclone: Any experience in "real life" situation?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Streamlight Syclone: Any experience in \"real life\" situation?

Like changing a flat or other emergency situation? I bought one because of the design and intent, but I wonder about the practicality of its weak LED and disappointing incandescent beam pattern. Is this a light that does the job when you really need it?

Here's a pic:
str13040.jpg

Brightnorm

zerge

Newly Enlightened
Re: Streamlight Syclone: Any experience in \"real life\" situation?

Hi,

It is an old, but good construction. It was one of the first led-incan combos. I've used it extensively years ago. Now it is a backup home light on its charger.

Many firefighters here are still using them as backups to their Liteboxes, or Survivors. It is helmet mounted, or just stuck somewhere. Rugged, waterproof, and they can use it with heavy gloves.

For me the dual powersource (rechargeable, plus a disposable cartridge for backup), and dual lightsource combined with its ruggedness were the main reasons... at the end of the '90s! I've spent hours behind computers as this light stood on its end next to me. I've made couple of hikes as well, and the small led was just fine for my adopted eyes. So generally I've used it for everything. But: years ago!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: Streamlight Syclone: Any experience in \"real life\" situation?

Zerge,

Welcome to CPF! Thanks for that very helpful information.

Brightnorm