• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Current situation at the SS?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's a bit hard to speak out, but I still have to; anyway just want to know if the SS will still be around at least for the next few years?
While most of us are grateful to Wayne and Cindy for such custom parts offerings, do remember that time flies fast and all of us -- including themselves -- are getting old.
Plus, AFAIK Wayne has been dealing with some health issues so I don't know he'll still be able to maintain his own consulting business, as well as the Shoppe, in the long run.

Can someone chip in some input?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's SS?
I once owned a 1969 Chevy Impala SS (;
Sorry not a fan of any Super Sport unless it involves multivalve (DOHC, 4OHC etc.) powertrains

It probably ran a lot better than the "Sandwich Shoppe".
I'm serious folks. Once you get too used to the Shoppe's products range there's just no alternative. Does that mean, I need to stockpile a bunch of drivers and other parts etc. just in case?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a lot of parts from the Sandwich Shoppe, and would really like to see them stick around long term.
If you are stuck with the old-school flashlight modding routine esp. with older body hosts (eg. MagAA) then the Shoppe would be the only choice, also in that it provides driver solutions unique to other generic solutions (even though those drivers are quite dated by modern standards). For me I've made annual purchases of its NG1000/GD1000/SOB1000 drivers because the heatsink solutions on my lighting mods depend on them (and when a driver dies, the only solution is to have it replaced, nothing else). And more importantly the driver specs are clearly presented on the product page (unlike other sites which sell generic boards and such).

In addition I've also purchased multiple units of these McR reflectors, as well as the (new improved) Kroll clicky tailcap assy (the SS becomes the only online vendor selling it AFAIK).

I know a lot of custom builders would forego the SS boards in favor of the other cheaper generic ones, but I have minimal experience with those drivers and thus I'm not quite ready to accept them in a light mod.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are still here, selling stock on hand.
Every once in a while I'll hit the website and most buy one of the remaining HD-45's by McGizmo. These remain one of my favorites of all time. I loved the reflector and beam pattern and the super thick polycarbonate window!

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I recently emailed them regarding an item on the Shoppe. To be specific, it's the Kroll switch which shows "-89" under Quantity. I've never seen a negative inventory like this so I wonder what's going on?

BTW my email inquiry is still not being replied as we speak.

Can Ms_SS please follow up??

Latest posts