1X18650 HCRI EDC

67RS/SSx2

Newly Enlightened
Hello Flashaholics. I am interested in a new EDC light. My wants are

-1x18650 power
-3 modes would be good
- durable
-High CRI (I just got an Acebeam TK16 - Luminous SST20, and love the output and color)
-Neutral or warm tint
-1000 (or more) lumens on high would be great
-reversible or dual function pocket clip
- last mode memory
-as small as possible for pocket carry

Let's see if a $100 budget will get me where I want to be. I like many of the features of the TK16 but want 18650 power. I will probably carry the TK16 or my Thrunight Titanium (AAA) as a backup. There are so many 18650 lights available it is a little overwhelming to shop. Your suggestions?

Thanks!

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC64c LE or SCw HI.

The LE has a max of "only" 828 lumens but >90 CRI, the HI has >80 CRI and usually a better tint.

But have shortcuts from off to LMH, you can program yhe desired levels.

The only thing they don't fulfill is the reversible clip requirement.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac Clicky with the NW LED. Currently I am preferring the "Tactical" Clicky versions for the momentary function, but the Tac versions won't work with flat top 18650's if that's your flavor.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently found myself looking for something similar to what you're looking for, and ended up with an Eagtac D25LC2-MkII w/HCRI SST-20 4000K. It doesn't tick all the boxes for me (most regrettably my need for 2-stage momentary/maintained-on switch), but it's currently meeting most of my objectives for now (until I find something more ideal), and I didn't have to order it from the other side of the Earth, build it myself, or goto a 'custom shop' to get it. After using it for a few weeks, I'd buy it again.

Last edited:

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I recently found myself looking for something similar to what you're looking for, and ended up with an Eagtac D25LC2-MkII w/HCRI SST-20 4000K. It doesn't tick all the boxes for me (most regrettably my need for 2-stage momentary/maintained-on switch), but it's currently meeting most of my objectives for now (until I find something more ideal), and I didn't have to order it from the other side of the Earth, build it myself, or goto a 'custom shop' to get it. After using it for a few weeks, I'd buy it again.
The "Tactical" versions of the D25LC2's have momentary. However, with that version the modes are changed with the twist of the head and not the switch.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "Tactical" versions of the D25LC2's have momentary. However, with that version the modes are changed with the twist of the head and not the switch.

Yes, and I would have likely gone for that tradeoff, except that the 'T' version was not offered off the shelf with any high(er) CRI emitter(s) from any preferred source, and in this particular case, that was my primary interest. Typically that has not been my priority, but for this particular light it was, as I'm specifically trying to get some experience with 90+CRI to evaluate that. The SST20 was what I was after (although 4000K is warmer than I would have preferred). As is often the case, it's priorities and tradeoffs - especially with off the shelf / production lights. In this case the OP is specifically targeting "HCRI" (thread title), and likes the SST20 as well, so that's why I suggested it. If you find the 'T' version offered with a higher CRI emitter, that would probably make both of us happy!

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
Yes, and I would have likely gone for that tradeoff, except that the 'T' version was not offered off the shelf with any high(er) CRI emitter(s) from any preferred source, and in this particular case, that was my primary interest. Typically that has not been my priority, but for this particular light it was, as I'm specifically trying to get some experience with 90+CRI to evaluate that. The SST20 was what I was after (although 4000K is warmer than I would have preferred). As is often the case, it's priorities and tradeoffs - especially with off the shelf / production lights. In this case the OP is specifically targeting "HCRI" (thread title), and likes the SST20 as well, so that's why I suggested it. If you find the 'T' version offered with a higher CRI emitter, that would probably make both of us happy!
Although I don't have this model, illuminationGear lists the ET P25LC2 with a CRI-95 SST20 option. According to the ET old website, the specs for the P25LC2 has a "forward clicky switch," and lists operation similar to the Tactical Clicky series. However, ET's website does not mention a momentary for that model, so I don't know if it has it like the Tactical Clicky model I have. Might have to ask the seller. Edit: IG also lists a 3xSST20 CRI-95 option for it's EagTac T25C2... again, the tech specs mention "forward clicky" but it doesn't list a momentary on... might have to ask seller about that.

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I don't have this model, illuminationGear lists the ET P25LC2 with a CRI-95 SST20 option. According to the ET old website, the specs for the P25LC2 has a "forward clicky switch," and lists operation similar to the Tactical Clicky series. However, ET's website does not mention a momentary for that model, so I don't know if it has it like the Tactical Clicky model I have. Might have to ask the seller. Edit: IG also lists a 3xSST20 CRI-95 option for it's EagTac T25C2... again, the tech specs mention "forward clicky" but it doesn't list a momentary on... might have to ask seller about that.

Scotty321: Just a quick note here in the moment to say THANK YOU for posting this! It appears there may an ET offering that would better suit my needs, and I must investigate further! For whatever reason, perhaps a form of target fixation, I may have been too focused (or fixated) on the 'D' series lights, and failed to check through the all the various models offered in the 'P' and 'T' series. ET (/IG) offers a lot of different models, and I may have unconsciously made some incorrect assumptions and failed to adequately check out those product series. I don't know what got into me (getting old? yeah, I'll blame it on that:), but I need to check through the ET products more thoroughly, as there may well be a variant that would be a better match for my needs than the models I was aware of. When I find some time, I will definitely do some proper 'due diligence' to see if that's the case, and will comment further if I find something interesting. For now, again, thanks!

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
Glad to help. If you find out about the momentary, let us know. I haven't given up on ET yet, but I get confused by current offerings and dealer specs as many seem to list their offering with the wrong LED info.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here ya go... the easy button without confusion. It's in your budget. Get the SST20 95CRI you want. Get the 3 modes you want (plus another 40 mode options that you'll probably like).
And you get the double click to 100% full-send-turbo. it'll take about 2 days to ship.
If there's ever a problem then send it back to him in USA and it gets fixed.
You can have a pocket clip glued on...I went with the lanyard.

Here's the mode I selected: Firefly/1%/5%/25%/D for 100%

Last edited:

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
You'll be a little over budget, but a Lumens Factory 18650 E series tube with a mcclicky tailcap and a 3-mode head (Cree XP-L, 90 CRI, 800 LM max) would be a very nice light. No clip but there are some lanyard-ring tailcaps available.

Seems like there have been a lot of good suggestions, I've just been using a similar setup at work and it's been good so I wanted to put it out there. Good luck with your search.

67RS/SSx2

Newly Enlightened
Of course that one would work!:mad: It was my fifth attempt at replying to this thread.

Thank you to all who commented. I do not care for the UI of the TK16. That is why I do not want to try the TK18. I am a simple man. I do not care for a lot of menus, or complicated UIs. The TK16 seems backward to me. I have MANY good lights most of them I use regularly. I do not care to spend time relearning UIs every time I pick up a light. Also, custom lights do not seem to fit me well.

I do like what I see in the EagTac D25LC-MKII. illuminationGear confirmed via email that they have it in stock with the SST20. I think I will give that one a try next.

Again, thanks to all who replied.:D