Jesse James Knifemaker?

StuGatz

Enlightened
Not intended as a sales pitch of any kind and more inquisitive about "celebrity like" people jumping into the knife industry. Just received this in an email.

Seems as if there is a new custom knife maker in town. Wonder if there will be a booth at any upcoming knife shows? Thoughts?

The (what appears to be a reverse clip point?) has me baffled but then again, I'm no expert. Perhaps a bend on the karambit or seax? Reminds me of the now aged HK advert that had rounds loaded backwards in a magazine, but then again, I'm no expert...

Jesse James, legendary bike builder & firearms producer
has expanded his reach into the knife industry.
Big

JJKC4DP Big Fixie Survival Bowie

16.5" (41.91cm) overall. 9.5" (24.13cm) black Cerakote finish sawback A2 tool steel drop point blade. Lanyard hole. Weight: 1.94lb. A2 Tool Steel hollow handle with air/water tight capsule and O‑ring seal. Black Boltaron MOLLE compatible belt sheath. Boxed.
click

Retail Price: $2,399.95

Big

JJKC4TT Big Fixie Survival Knife

16.5" (41.91cm) overall. 9.5" (24.13cm) black Cerakote finish sawback A2 tool steel bowie blade. Lanyard hole. A2 Tool Steel hollow handle with air/water tight capsule and O‑ring seal. Black Boltaron MOLLE compatible belt sheath. Boxed.
mail

Retail Price: $2,399.95

The Jesse James Big Fixie knives are machined from a single billet of A2 Tool Steel that is 17'' long, 3'' diameter and weighs 32lbs.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the machining is outstanding but the knife just looks odd. Love to see it in person though. Sure it will make an appearance at Blade this weekend.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
He "made" a 1911, too. Now is your time to buy a bike, 1911, and a knife.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was for me. I had a Phill Hartsfield strongboy made out of a2 steel and it never needed sharpening. For years it kept an edge that could shave layers off of business cards

Pretty work of art. Not a knife I would use, and I have many, many knives and use them regularly.

Also, Jesse James is a piece of who cheats on his wife and publicly berates his employees. I would no more support JJ than I would Hitler.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Pretty work of art. Not a knife I would use, and I have many, many knives and use them regularly.

Also, Jesse James is a piece of who cheats on his wife and publicly berates his employees. I would no more support JJ than I would Hitler.

Still an amazing craftsman imo.

warren5421

Newly Enlightened
It is the standard serial survivel knife with point ground wrong. To me it is unusable even as a boat ancker 🔗 . It is too heavy to work as a knife and looking at it probably not very fast to handle.

I DO'T LIKE!!!!

UFO

Newly Enlightened
$2400 for that? No thanks. I'll stick with Bark River and LT Wright.

Last edited: