Alpha Custom 319A

daffy

Enlightened
Alongside my Delta the Alpha is another hit out of the park for Prometheus.
Took it out tonight it turns out i only had 50% charge on 2 cells i tried, still more than bright enough.
Tomorrow night fully charged batteries should be interesting, beam is excellent for mu usage just the right amount of spot and flood.
The 319A Nichia is almost overtaking the LH351D as my favourite LED...

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alongside my Delta the Alpha is another hit out of the park for Prometheus.
Took it out tonight it turns out i only had 50% charge on 2 cells i tried, still more than bright enough.
Tomorrow night fully charged batteries should be interesting, beam is excellent for mu usage just the right amount of spot and flood.
The 319A Nichia is almost overtaking the LH351D as my favourite LED...
That is what it's about :).
The 319A along with the Alpha's reflector and beam make a very sweet combination. Congrats.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
That is what it's about :).
The 319A along with the Alpha's reflector and beam make a very sweet combination. Congrats.

Do you have an alpha with a Led footprint like the 219/319? How does the beam pattern compared to the beta? Does the boom reflector give it a wide spill than the small reflector in the beta?

boo5ted

Enlightened
What's the difference between the 219 and 319? I've got a Delta with the 219c/5k and it's pretty perfect imo.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
The 319A is an LED that was designed specifically for flashlight applications from what I understand. It is a hexagonal led instead of the traditional square shape of most LEDs. That change in shape makes for a much "rounder" led, which works well with circular optics like reflectors. The foursevens quark with the 4000K 90 CRI is just a fantastic beam. I haven't seen it in an Alpha yet.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have an alpha with a Led footprint like the 219/319? How does the beam pattern compared to the beta? Does the boom reflector give it a wide spill than the small reflector in the beta?
I'll dig through and see, I think I have a 219 Alpha to compare beta to.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any beam shots?

Here's a few.

Day75footWide.JPG

Pic Link
Daytime 75' Wide

Day75footzoom.JPG

Pic Link
Daytime 75' Zoom

Alpha219C75FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha 219C 75' Wide

AlphaMCE75FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha MCE 75' Wide

Beta75FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Beta 75' Wide

Alpha219C75FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha 219C 75' Zoom

Alpha219C50FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha 219C 50' Wide

AlphaMCE50FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha MCE 50' Wide

Beta50FootWode.JPG

Pic Link
Beta 50' Wide

Alpha219C50FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha 219C 50' Zoom

AlphaMCE50FootZoom.JPG

Pic link
Alpha MCE 50' Zoom

Beta50FootXoom.JPG

Pic Link
Beta 50' Zoom

Alpha219C25FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha 219C 25' Wide

AlphaMCE25FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha MCE 25' Wide

Beta25FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Beta 25' Wide

Alpha291C25FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha 219C 25' Zoom

AlphaMCE25FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Alpha MCE 25' Zoom

Beta25FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Beta 25' Zoom

Bonus Shots :D

MaelstromS12_75FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Maelstrom S12 75' Wide

MaelstromMXS_75FootWide.JPG

Pic Link
Maelstrom MXS 75' Wide

MaelstromS12_75FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Maelstrom S12 75' Zoom

MaelstromMXS_75FootZoom.JPG

Pic Link
Maelstrom MXS 75' Zoom

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Thx, this very helpful. It looks to me the Nichia w/ Ledil reflector has a smaller hotspot and spill due to it being a smaller LED.
How does the Alpha Nichia compare to a Delta w/ narrow optics? Does the Alpha219 have more spill than a Delta w/ narrow optics?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx, this very helpful. It looks to me the Nichia w/ Ledil reflector has a smaller hotspot and spill due to it being a smaller LED.
How does the Alpha Nichia compare to a Delta w/ narrow optics? Does the Alpha219 have more spill than a Delta w/ narrow optics?
:huh:
I can say that the spill of the Delta w/tri-optics is >= to that of the Alpha with ledil optics.
Looks like I have some more work cut out for me to do :D.

The optics of the Delta are readily changed easily on the fly in the field. The Alpha's optics are not readily field changeable, making comparison beam shots a bit more difficult.
The regular Alpha has one LED compared to the three of the Delta. It would be easier if the Delta offered one LED w/Ledil reflector, which would be equal to that of the Alpha.
The hot spot of the Nichia 219C, 319A, XML, and MCE are different and observable when compared to one another.
GL

daffy

Enlightened
I compared on a pitch black night Delta and Alpha with same LED as mentioned triple vs single LED.
Alpha throws a bit more obviously with plenty of spill and a definable hot spot being a reflector based light.Delta is brighter with a big round wall of light with minimal to no spill.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I compared on a pitch black night Delta and Alpha with same LED as mentioned triple vs single LED.
Alpha throws a bit more obviously with plenty of spill and a definable hot spot being a reflector based light.Delta is brighter with a big round wall of light with minimal to no spill.

01Delta319ANarrow.jpg

Delta 319A Narrow

02Delta319AMedium.jpg

Delta 319A Medium

03Delta319AWide.jpg

Delta 319A Wide

06_Delta319A_Narrow.JPG

Delta 319A Only the 150' Target is visible

10_AlphaLEO219C.JPG

Alpha 219C You can see the second target at 200' with the Alpha in original