• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Aurora Borealis

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a special set of lights, collectively called Aurora Borealis (northern lights). I would much prefer to sell them as a set and I am pricing them that way.

The first light is a titanium Tain Borealis WITH CLIP for consideration. This is a fantastic two stage progressive AA twisty that Tain was kind enough to customize with a clip per my peculiarities. It works as well as it looks. Untwist for low and untwist more for high. High is respectable (400 mA) for walking at night or around the house. Neutral tint. It has a green glow around LED and a single unfilled trit slot in the tail (no trit installed). Pretty much the perfect pocket light that takes a common battery (which is inserted positive towards the tail).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second light is a titanium Tain Aurora. This is the AAA twisty that is the little brother of the Borealis. High is 220 mA and low is 10 mA. Sapphire lens. Emitter is Nichia 319 3000K 80 CRI. 0.9V~1.8V. No trit slot (my preference). Twist to turn on low; twist more for high. I have noticed that the light has a parasitic drain. If this bothers you, I am sure Tain will replace the board. Was never an issue for me since I used this more like "heading out on the town jewelry" so it was only ever in my pocket for a short time. Basically, it is not suitable for a BOB (but really? who would use such a pretty light for that?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Operation:
1. Install batteries into the body tube. (+) positive end toward the tail, and (-) negative end toward the LED.
2. Fully tighten off.
3. Loose to turn on low.
4. Loose further to turn on high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Wet Flashlight Images:
https://imgur.com/a/6O6dHGf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora Borealis offered for $600 $550 $525 USD shipped to the USA with tracking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anybody is interested in two Ti2 Design TechLiner titanium pens I have them for sale too. They are great for engineering drawings. Magnetic caps. Feel great in the hand. If you buy them with lights above the price is $100 USD for both. If bought separately add shipping for $15 USD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Couple Pen Images:
https://imgur.com/a/wMlMsHk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,
eala

Shipping:
Shipping anywhere in the US mainland is with tracking and no insurance.
Shipping is via CanadaPost.
Items ship from Canada.
Shipping to Canada will be actual cost difference between US and Canada. It depends on where you are. PM for details.
International shipping available but not included; please PM.
Will only ship to verified PP addresses. Please select a verified address when paying in PP.
Insurance offered at cost (depends on how much you want).
Expect packages to the US to take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. Normally, from Canada, it is slightly slower than domestic USPS.
Since international shipping rates can be high, I will understand if you are international and have to back out after getting a quotation.
I have shipped plenty of packages internationally. Just PM if you are interested.

Payment:
Payment via PayPal (PP).
PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE IN USD. If you send CAD via PP, I will send it back. Don't let PP change currencies on you. They are sneaky.
If you are based in Canada and really want to pay in CAD, talk to me. We can do an Interac transfer and just convert currency.

General:
I reserve the right to refuse to sell to certain members.
Can't be held responsible for misplaced packages once shipped.
First person with an unconditional "I'll take it" gets the item.

Last edited: