Nitecore D4 charger denting flat top 18650s

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Hello,

Has anyone else noticed that the Nitecore D4 charger seems to dent in the flat top of 18650 batteries after charging them in that charger? They all seem to work just fine but it bothers me that this occurs. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this? Do I need a different charger? It's been a good charger so far other than denting the tops.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
It's more of a shallow dent.

As long as it doesn't get big enough to cause issues I wouldn't worry much about it. I have several cells I pulled from laptop and tool batteries that have dents and grind marks on the. It may be the small dent helps it make better contact so it charges more accurately.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You sure it's not your light that's dented them? Most of my rechargeables have dents on them from the strong springs in my lights.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I just got 2 new 18650s, so I'll monitor and see if it's not one of my lights causing it.

VDR

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I use the SC4 exclusively with all my 18650 cells and my NiMh batts. I use mostly Sony VTC6 and Samsung cells, and have not noticed any dents on them, they are perfectly planar.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: