HDS Systems        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you all love tools?

Default Any of you all love tools?

Ps im sorry if i slip out of my box every few months . if im not allowed to do so. Ill stop . so do any of u all love tools? This time of year is great becuase both lowes and homedepot put there cordless tools on sale . both hacve great tools but kobalt has brushless tools on sale
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: Any of you all love tools?

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    Ps im sorry if i slip out of my box every few months . if im not allowed to do so. Ill stop . so do any of u all love tools? This time of year is great becuase both lowes and homedepot put there cordless tools on sale . both hacve great tools but kobalt has brushless tools on sale
    After decades, I got bored of human tools. I find cow tools more exciting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Tools
    2 Cor 5:6-8

Yeah Raggie, I like tools, and don't hesitate to get one when I need it. I also buy them... just in case

Both stores typically run sales during the big holidays, and the savings can be significant. I try to buy the "just in case" tools during the holiday sales, even if I have to wait a couple of months. It's a killer to have to wait
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Went to Home Depot for some paint and a spark plug wrench. The only socket they had for spark plugs in my size was 1/2" drive. Well, all of my 1/2" stuff it at my son's house so I figured cheap 1/2" ratchet too. The cheap one was $32. So a $6 socket and $32 ratchet later…… then I started looking for a small tool box for use as a seat. The Millwalkee was $89. Now this was potentially getting expensive fast.
    The Mrs Fixer saw a Husky display with 230 tools in a box one can set on for $99. Sold!!

And we ended up buying one of those round 5 gallon coolers as a seat for $15. The tool kit contains a lot of your basic size sockets and allen keys but also a bunch you don't normally see in those "kits" these days. Now I have several sockets with x/32 like 13/32 and 0.5mm like 5.5mm just like my dad had a long time ago plus all kinds of nut driver torx wrenches etc. It's a nice tool kit for $99.

Last edited by bykfixer; 06-21-2021 at 06:19 AM.
    John 3:16

yes.
    esp multitools.
    i have some odd ones i found at the flea and yardsales.
    one of my regulars just gave me a modern variant of a Yankee screwdriver.
    its a pistol grip and works by squeezing.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Went to Home Depot for some paint and a spark plug wrench. The only socket they had for spark plugs in my size was 1/2" drive. Well, all of my 1/2" stuff it at my son's house so I figured cheap 1/2" ratchet too. The cheap one was $32. So a $6 socket and $32 ratchet later…… then I started looking for a small tool box for use as a seat. The Millwalkee was $89. Now this was potentially getting expensive fast.
    The Mrs Fixer saw a Husky display with 230 tools in a box one can set on for $99. Sold!!

And we ended up buying one of those round 5 gallon coolers as a seat for $15. The tool kit contains a lot of your basic size sockets and allen keys but also a bunch you don't normally see in those "kits" these days. Now I have several sockets with x/32 like 13/32 and 0.5mm like 5.5mm just like my dad had a long time ago plus all kinds of nut driver torx wrenches etc. It's a nice tool kit for $99.

I almost bought the 99 buck set to
    But I had no way to get it home since I don't drive
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Went to Home Depot ...

Why do I want to see a picture of the actual tools? I mean I really want to see them. Please.
    Sometimes I wonder if I've purchased my last flashlight.

Ok.

If I pull the drawers out far enough to see everything you get 180 some tool pick up and a sore foot.
    How do I know this, you ask?
    The drawers fell out onto my foot then I had all those sockets to put away in a 100 degree shed.
    The 18 volt Ryobi fan made that task much more comfortable.

Bottom drawer shows half. Top drawer about 1/3.

Yet it's pretty small.

A breaker bar came home with me in case the spark plug that led to this purchase put up a fight.
    It didn't.

Raggae, unless you took it home in the shopping cart you carried it up front with……
    Even carrying it on a bicycle would be tough. I suppose it weighs 30 or 35 pounds.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 06-21-2021 at 07:56 PM.

WOW! What a great deal!

I love deals yesterday I got a 8 core tablet with 3 gigs of ram for$240 well truthly I got 3 tablets for 240 lol so 80 bucks per unit

I love deals yesterday I got a 8 core tablet with 3 gigs of ram for$240 well truthly I got 3 tablets for 240 lol so 80 bucks per unit
    its crazy how strong cordless tools are today

my 2 balls ball pythons that is are such good crazy eaters . and my boa dont eat snake owners will understanf how iroinic this is

Don't be a victim. Open the box at the check out - BEFORE you pay for it!

Flashaholic

also don't buy open box tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Don't be a victim. Open the box at the check out - BEFORE you pay for it!

Flashaholic*

My brother in law is a toolaholic. He has all kinds of gadget tools for different jobs. One time at his shop though I was needing a flathead screwdriver and all his were wore out.

What do y'all think about harbor freight tools?

Flashaholic

i don't think much of any tool with the mic label...

Quote Originally Posted by greenpondmike View Post
    My brother in law is a toolaholic. He has all kinds of gadget tools for different jobs. One time at his shop though I was needing a flathead screwdriver and all his were wore out.

harber freght has great tools and some awful tools

Do you know the rule? If you borrow a man's tools, you return them as soon as you are done, and in the same or better condition than when you borrowed them.

If you are using the man's shop, and you noted that some tools are worn out, perhaps you can get him some replacements, but not Harbor Freight, but a set of Husky's. They have a life time guarantee, just like Craftsman, and are competitively priced. Harbor Freight are hit and miss for quality.

i used to have a huge talls as me snap tool set full if snapon tools .some one stole it all

i used to have a huge talls as me snap tool set full if snapon tools .some one stole it all
    Raggie do you want to write that so that it is legible?

Flashaholic

quoted for truth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Raggie do you want to write that so that it is legible?

Shop Vac or bust. I recently bought a Rigid tool box shaped one and a 10 foot hose. Makes a great stool or seat when not in use. The vac that is, not the hose. Vacuumed out a truck front and back only moving it once. It comes with a 4 foot long hose and a 20 foot cord, a pair of extensions, a crevice tool, an upholstry brush and a wet vac wand. That and a couple of car care products by chemical guys and one could start a mobile car detailer.

I bought a 3 shelf tool cart at Harbor Frieght a few years back for half the price of a craftsman 2 shelf cart. It's more rigid than a craftsman too. My watch back remover, finger ratchets and a bunch of specialty stuff like that came from Harbor Frieght. But stuff like that absolutely has to work every time like sockets, ratchets, floor jacks and such Do Not come from Harbor Freight.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-12-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Flashaholic*

Yeah, I bought a floor jack from w*lmart a long time ago-MTD brand. It didn't last long.

Poppy, I bought him some tools before. I was just saying that he has all this expensive stuff and speciality tools, but little things like a flathead screwdriver- a good one is rare at his shop. Guess it wouldn't hurt to buy him a set. The set he bought me for Christmas is still in good shape.

NAPA brand Carlisle makes a good set of screw drivers for not a lot of dough gpm.
    Like craftsman/husky I believe they are made on the same assembly line as Lowe's Kobalt screw drivers.

Nm it don't matter
    Last edited by raggie33; 07-12-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Zebco 33 p
    Last edited by raggie33; 07-12-2021 at 09:10 AM.

HF tools are a hit/miss. Too often you pay less for.... less but if you aren't using them professionally (make a living with tools) they can be decent light to medium duty tools but as far as heavy duty I wouldn't count on most tools to deliver. I would rather pay more for a brand other than pittsburg in hand tools if I were using them often and didn't lose them or have them vanished for me at work. I had Craftsman growing up and since Sears went belly up I haven't needed to buy much hand tools I've bought second hand tools for work as I've lost many either dropping them somewhere in a wall or putting them down and forgetting them or having them vanished for me that is when I consider HF tools. I bought a small adjustable crescent wrench from HF to replace the one I lost and had to sort through 3 of them to get one that works smoothly and have a similar sized Husky wrench that works fine I bought later. I am always going places like flea markets that sell used tools and pick up spares for about 1/2 to 1/4 of new price. I pick up slip joint (Channel lock) pliers often that are rusted some for a few dollars and clean them up and use them saving myself about $10-$15 or so over buying new ones. I've lost 4 pairs of them over the years so I'm always stocking up. I rarely use regular flathead screwdrivers these days I mostly use replaceable magnetic screw tips on everything I can but do have several sets of regular ones. Since I have a bench grinder and wire wheel I have repaired damaged screwdrivers but since the onset of battery powered screwdrivers and drills and magnetic tip and holders finding second hand screwdrivers is pretty easy.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic*

Now that is what my brother in law needs- a bench grinder with a wire wheel. I used to have that and all kinds of presses and an industrial sand blaster at auto armature service inc when I worked there. Also had a thing to check and straighten shafts, and a good set of torches and sticks of silver solder for braising. The presses were manual, hydrolic and hydrolic/electric. I sure miss that place. Except for being an auburn fan my boss man was a great boss.

If I needed to work on one of my vehicles where I needed what the shop provided I could stay after work as long as I wanted and just lock up afterwards.

Flashaholic*

NAPA brand Carlisle makes a good set of screw drivers for not a lot of dough gpm.
    Like craftsman/husky I believe they are made on the same assembly line as Lowe's Kobalt screw drivers.
    Thanks bykfixer. I don't much break or loose tools so I still have my dad's craftsman tools and some old old western auto ones. I bought some deep well metric sockets made by kobalt a while back. I can get by with what I have in an old aluminum bread van with shelves (my portable tool shed) as far as light to medium duty work goes, but have Bubba and his shop to fall back on when I need extra help. He has some of my tools at his shop to use if he needs them.

He never had anything stolen except for a led solitaire.

I have two bench grinder setups, one with a coarse and a fine wheel and the other a wire wheel and a cloth/buffing wheel.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast