Weird problem with Nitecore P12 flashlight

Yohan1994

Newly Enlightened
Hi, glad to be a new member here!
I'm facing a really weird problem with my brand new nitecore p12 flashlight.
When I first charged the battery that it came with (nitecore 21700), I put it back in the flashlight and it didn't work. I realized that I had to unscrew the flashlight almost fully and then it worked fine. Everytime I tried to screw it again and it pressed the battery more, it stopped working again. After a while, even though I did nothing, it was working normally again.
I thought it had to do with the cable that I used to charge the battery, so I bought an original nitecore charger. BTW, the charger displayed that the battery is good. I fully charged the battery again, put it back in the flashlight and same problem occurred! The tail has to be just a bit screwed for the flashlight to work. This time, it hasn't been fixed yet. Any ideas?!
Thanks in advance !!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is the chance that the pressure of the battery (being under spring pressure) pushes the tailcap innards off-contact with the retainig ring. which also works for electical contact to the switch inside.

crn3371

Newly Enlightened
Wondering if 21700 is marginally too long for it. As said, reach out to Nitecore. I have the original P12 and it's my most used light.