Eagletac D25A2 lockout?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a Eagletac D25A2 neutral white- the 419-lumen version,which I love.

The only big flaw is there doesn't seem to be a way to lock out the light.
Is there a trick to getting the light to lock out,so that it doesn't accidently turn on and drain the batteries?

Thankfully,I'm using Panasonic Eneloop AA batteries(2100 MaH version).

AB8XL

Enlightened
I just untwist the top so there is no battery connection. This applies to many lights to prevent parasitic drain for long time storage.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a trick to getting the light to lock out,so that it doesn't accidently turn on and drain the batteries?

I dont own your light, but looked it up (pic is a link)
selfbuilt said:

since the threads are not anodised, you cannot break contact by unscrewing.. so, afaict there is no Lockout option

I dont think the light has any parasitic drain, so the ony way to drain the batteries is to press the switch to turn the light on.

I have a different eagletac, D25A Ti, the button is very very difficult to turn on accidentally.. first the button is flush, second it requires deep and deliberate pressure to activate the switch..

is your switch different, somehow easy to turn on?

Maybe you have the Tactical model.. with momentary on?

"D25A2 Tactical

This D25 Tactical series offers more responsive and quicker control compared to the D25 Clicky series. It features tactical forward clicky switch"

If so, try to buy a normal reverse clicky, and swap it out,
if you dont need Tactical momentary...

also curious
how are you carrying the light, that allows or creates a situation that presses the button?

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrying the light in the side pocket of my shorts.it always turns on,because the button gets pressed very easily.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt (unfortunately) there's a practical way to 'lock out' the light. I use several D25 family lights, but don't have experience with the 'A2' specifically.

When you experience and notice this and remove the light from your pocket to turn it off, does the switch 'click' and feel normal and turn the light off as expected when you actuate the switch?

How long have you had / been using the light, and have you experienced this problem since the beginning? If so, could you have an out-of-spec switch with too low an actuation pressure or other issue, or if not, could it possibly be an 'issue' of some sort with the switch that has developed over time?

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
@AMD64Blondie you probably own the tactical version whose switch is protruding. Not sure if Eagletac sells a reverse clicky tailcap so you can change it. That way you can prevent accidental switching on your light while in the pocket. I own a D25A and D25A2 clicky and have never had any issues with accidental switch on. Btw, havent heard of any way to lockout the light.