【New Product】XTAR D28 3600 Dive Light

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Exciting news! We released a new dive light - XTAR D28 3600.

More details on the website:
[url]https://www.xtar.cc/product/XTAR-D28-3600-Diving-Flashlight-169.html[/URL]

eef49911-36bc-447b-910d-c36d9f71670c.jpg

5f16e0f4-0439-4945-87f5-19eccbda3922.jpg

8cbf7bde-74ab-4d89-bd48-f4b291e104df.jpg

3f3b19ed-f147-48f5-92e4-0219221759f9.gif

Main features:
• CREE XHP70.2 P4 LED, high efficiency lifespan
• Max output 3600lm, four brightness levels
• Runtime up to 2.5 hours at Turbo mode, with 4x18650 batteries
• Max beam throw 550m with focused beam angle 8°
• Press switch to turn on/off, easy to operate
• Power indicator and lock function for safe diving
• Anti-reverse circuit connection
• Solid 6N03 housing, anti-corrosion and anti-abrasion
• IPX8 waterproof, works well underwater 100m
• Smart temperature control

How do you think of it? Comment below.

Henk4U2

Enlightened
Good idea, having a narrow beam dive light around when you are planning cave diving. The water itself acts as a diffuser, so a thrower on dry land may turn into a moderate flooder when under water. And it can be very re-assuring to have a far reaching light with you BEFORE you enter a cave. Just to be a bit on the safe side :grin2:
I myself prefer a wider beam when I'm IN a (narrow) cave or tunnel. Whether under water or on dry land. Same goes for a head light.

Like the idea of the switch including a lock out feature. Hate to think what might happen when you switch this puppy on by accident when in your rucksack (despite have temperature control). With my other lights i'm quite OCD with locking out lights via a ¼ twist of the tailcap, but too much "movement" on parts like O-rings is never good for a dive light.

So all in all: this one looks quite promising :thumbsup:

Last edited:

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Thanks for your kind comment. :grin2: Also get some feedback to our testers. They told they really liked the light and thought it's a good compelling option.

arek98

Enlightened
I don't agree that water acts as diffuser (unless is not relatively clear), and beam underwater is about 30% smaller than in air, so 8 degree in air will be about 6 in water.
I only dived in caverns not caves (water surface is always nearby so no real dark big holes and no big totally dark spaces where maybe "spot light" may help find an opening) and typically I need light that can reach 10-20m at most, any farther and everything is blurred anyway.
I think there are different use cases.
- cave divers - don't know, just what I think, may need spot light to look around unknown space that may be big and find where to go next - this light may be some use but my guess they would prefer canister light if this will see lot of use or some smaller light that has tight beam and some punch and can be used from time to time
- non cave dives diving locally and often - anything, medium to wide beam, canister or not, whatever, it does not matter much
- casual divers (biggest group IMHO) diving occasionally on vacation and such usually traveling by air to diving place - medium to wide beam, smallest possible as long as it can run thru 2 about 1h dives (does not need to be used on max all time so most will fit)

arek98

Enlightened
I said it already before in some other thread by personally as a casual diver that travels by air I'm lookin for small affordable (around $100) light that will be small and have general (narrow-medium spot) light and video light in on package, video does not have to be much in that case, just to take a close up photo or short clip, 3000-5000lm (used maybe 10min max per 1h dive). Something like BigBlue VTL3800P but updated to modern LEDs and battery and more affordable :)