So what is this light I got?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it as a gift light from the Li-Ion wholesale joint. It feels like more than a $2.99 light, is surprisingly neat. The bezel moves forward, or up and down, resulting in a huge flood, what feels like 30 degrees, or all the way up to result in a square beam.
yeah, the tint is awful. but, it's bright.
It runs on a 1x18650 cell.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
yeah, forgot about the modes. Thats it.

I have 2 of them a silver and a gold one. They both had next mode memory I had to fix. Once I fixed them they are good lights I use them as general purpose lights mostly I've upgraded to a Sofirn 18650 light that is no comparison to it.

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
Glad you like yours. Mine went right in the scrap metal bin. Worst abomination of a light I've ever seen. I had to apologize to the battery I stuffed in it to test it. Just horrid. :sick2:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Glad you like yours. Mine went right in the scrap metal bin. Worst abomination of a light I've ever seen. I had to apologize to the battery I stuffed in it to test it. Just horrid. :sick2:
I like mine for what it is, it was a light at the time I was just starting to get into the 18650 format with a very tight budget. I have 4 cheap 18650 lights, 2 zoomies w/3 modes, 2 reflectored 5 modes one with built in charging one without. None of them are outstanding or worth much more than what I paid for them and I don't use but one of them often enough these days as the drivers are most of the problem and the reflectored ones have too tight of a beam with no fade from beam to spill at all which is irritating.

If you can afford $20 or so for a good 18650 light skip these entirely. They are not gems as many have said before but if you fix them and get a decent working one with not a horrid tint they can be worth the cheap price you pay for them. I have 4 cheap 18650 lights and now would trade all 4 for another $20 quality light as when you get decent tools the cheap ones are backup and disposable which my cheap zoomies are now.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of them a silver and a gold one. They both had next mode memory I had to fix. Once I fixed them they are good lights I use them as general purpose lights mostly I've upgraded to a Sofirn 18650 light that is no comparison to it.

How exactly did you fix the mode memory? I want to avoid the flash entirely and have maybe 1 mode.

and what is the model of that light?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got it for free. You might say the price is right. A great light to give away or keep as a backup to your backup. The flood feature *is* interesting, I have no other light like it. A great light to keep in the car, to troubleshoot things in the engine if necessary.
and not worry to much if dropped and banged against metal.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The skywolfeye zoomie I'm guessing it around 150-200 lumens not really sure. My Sofirn is 500 lumens on high and 1300 on Turbo and has 5 lumens firefly or low , 50 lumens low or Medium 1 160 lumens medium or medium 2, and 500 lumen high modes. It has a reflector and a nice beam that is fading from a round smallish ball of light into the spill around it. It uses a side switch and can tail stand if needed.
If I had more funds to waste I would buy another one.

Last edited: