Happy Fathers Day

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Whether you are a dad or play the role as one such as mentoring youth or that sort of thing, Happy Fathers Day.

I had a Fathers Day test last evening when setting all comfy on the sofa at 10:30 contemplating sleep. I get a text from my 28 year old saying he may not be at my house on the day because his car just broke down by the interstate. As a dad I sprang into action, which was not needed as my independent son fixed the car well enough to get it back to his house with the help of a friend who happened to be near.
Phew! That was cool. He has a 21 year old car he keeps running himself without assistance from old dad so all I get to do anymore is read the play by play's via text message while he tackles each issue.

That is not a bad thing. When he was young I used to joke "I'm saving money for college for my oldest son and bail money for my youngest". He was pretty mischevious back then. Then one day he broke free of the parents influence and not only flew from the nest but flew about an hour away.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Mr fixer,
Happy Father's Day to you and all the other Father's and Mother's out there. :)

It's funny how times change, to where you actually look forward to the few times they call you for help. There's a mixed feeling of grief and pride when they can figure it out themselves.

Yesterday, my Grandson started to realize that sometimes... Poppy knows stuff. For years I have been trying to get him to help me fix things, (so I can teach him) but he would often resist with a "Poppy is this one of those learning things?" Last week I jacked up the front right tire off of the ground on my daughter's car, and gave it a wiggle. As I suspected he had some worn front end parts. I had him come out and showed him how to look and or feel any play in the front end.

He is always trying to think of some kind of invention. I got him a 3D printer for Christmas, but he hasn't used it but once. Finally I got him to design and print a oil access panel for my generator, and then he printed a little adapter for my Ryobi inflator tool as an experiment for one of his invention ideas. In the process, I got to teach how to read a Vernier caliper. Yesterday, he said that he would like to take the inflator apart to see how it works, but was afraid that he might not be able to get it back together.

I told him to take it apart anyway, and pay attention and he'll be able to get it back together... if not, we'll be able to figure it out. I explained to him, that my dad often made me hold a flashlight while he took something apart so that I would see and watch him, (just like when we are doing "one of those learning things"). As a result, I scored in the top 3% of the country for mechanical ability. If he wants to be able to design and invent things, and be a mechanical engineer, he'll need to look at how things work. The more he exposes himself to, the easier it will be to come up with problem solvers.

There was no argument. Hmmm.... maybe there is something to what Poppy just said?

So, Yeah... take that thing apart. It is in the back of the shed, the second drawer down. :thumbsup:

PfMWxFr.jpg

Our two sons. Both are in their 20's.
Neither one has ever given cause for their mother to shed a tear or lose sleep.
They're better men than I ....
What more could a Father ask?

ven

Flashaholic
Yes happy Father's Day dudes , you rock:rock::rock::rock:

CG- I bet you wish you had hair like that:whistle::poke:

Yes happy Father's Day dudes , you rock:rock::rock::rock:

CG- I bet you wish you had hair like that:whistle::poke:

:laughing: The last time I was a naughty boy and let my face (and hair) grow long,* I L@@Ked like I should be living in a cabin in the woods, writing manifestos and making bombs.

* Song reference.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CG:
Your boys look like Scandinavian rock band members who play all accoustic sets but somehow manage to sound like a full on band because the lead guitar player thwaps the body of his guitar like a drum while playing and the rythm guitar player plays bass notes as well as the melody.

CG:
Your boys look like Scandinavian rock band members who play all accoustic sets but somehow manage to sound like a full on band because the lead guitar player thwaps the body of his guitar like a drum while playing and the rythm guitar player plays bass notes as well as the melody.

Yes, even more so before last month's trip to the barer shop when it reopened from its COVID closing. They've been in charge of their follicle production growth since middle school.

OEQw1ug.jpg