Krill Lightstick

Kenny Yum

Newly Enlightened
The Krill Lightstick (Extreme Model 360) and the chemical lightstick which is the brightness and which is the best. In "Stallone Daylight" Stallone use which model lightstick in the cave, it output super bright white light?
Please help, thanks.
confused.gif
smile.gif

recercare

Enlightened
I've been told that Krill lightsticks are not as bright as Cyalume. However, the extreme Krill models with 180 degree angle are not that bad. Lightsticks are NOT very bright in general, so in your situation i would rather buy a LED-headlamp.

Brock

Flashaholic
cyalume light sticks are about 5 times brighter then the Krill 180 when first "broken". But after about 1 hour they are the same, then the Krill wins after that. I would agree to go the LED route. I remember that someone had made a LED wand sort of light using LED's but can't find it anywhere now.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steelwolf:
But is the Lazerbrite the thing that Stallone used? Is there a real world comparison anywhere on the web? Is it really that bright???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you looked at the Lazerbrite website (above)?-it shows the stick.
By the way, my Lazerbrite stick, -with fresh 2016s, and powerful LED elements screwed onto each end-shining into each other and Into the central translucent tube is EXTREMELY bright (10-20X as bright as my Krill Ext.-for about 2hrs), and almost rivals a small fluorescent.
shocked.gif

The comparison of the two sticks is like comparing a Surefire E2 against a AA mini-mag.
However, not having seen the movie(?), I can only guess-it could have been just a good prop.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kenny Yum:
In "Stallone Daylight" Stallone use which model lightstick in the cave, it output super bright white light?
Please help, thanks.
confused.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's *possible* they used the 5-minute ultra high intensity white chemical lightsticks.
These can be made even brighter and shorter burning by putting them in a pail of hot water shortly before activating.

Given the number of re-shoots typically needed in filmwork, the producers probably went through half a case of them for that scene. :-O

Chuen

Newly Enlightened
The Krill is very inefficient. It draw the same amount of power as my PT matrix, yet only a fraction as bright. Get something that use LED for illumination purpose. The Krill is not bright enough.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
http://www.lazerbrite.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with Brock on comparison of those two...
Also, interesting that Doug P would mention Lazerbrite sticks.
The only thing I don't like about those is the only 8-10 hr. runtime. However, the Krill's output just can't hold a candle (pardon that pun
blush.gif
), to the Lazerbrite.

Two weeks ago I, noticing the very similar diameter of the translucent Lazerbrite tube compared to my Infinity, I simply sanded a modest amount of material from the inside of the Lazerbrite tube, and press fit the -now not used much anymore Infinity- into the tube, screwed an ordinary plastic cap onto the Top threads (for Neat look) of the tube, and VOILA!, -a very nice white light stick that glows brightly for about 40hrs. w/AA battery.
No significant modification to Infinity or Lazerbrite was done, so they can be used exactly like they originally were.
-This procedure should take you all of about 10 min.
tongue.gif
cool.gif

p.s.-that very valuable/useful tube is available seperately from Lazerbrite for the princely sum of $3.
tongue.gif
cool.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well since there are numerous Krill bashers out there, why dont one of you sell me your old Krill (i said old not old and worn out!!) and ill test it to see if i like it. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in a sale !!! P.S. I have been price checking them, so dont try to sell me one for retail !! P.P.S. If you sell them new for cheap, email me too !!!

mekki

Newly Enlightened

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kenny Yum:
In "Stallone Daylight" Stallone use which model lightstick in the cave<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK it was NOT in a cave, it was in a tunnel. This is about the same difference as in between a candle and a LED light. .-)