CSI Season 3 DVD Special Features...

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
Thought you all would appreciate this... on the 6th disc of the CSI Season 3 DVD set on the special features, there is a segment that goes over a CSI's Forensic's kit--- and 2 of the items: ALS (Alternate Light Source) and Flashlight are part of the look into the key items. In the flashlight segment the CSI consultant to the show briefly discusses flashlights while holding an Inova X5T, and the ALS segment briefly goes over the reasons for using ALS, while showing those UV flashlights they use with the amber screens that attatch to them. the light looks like a 3 led model, very hard to tell who makes it though.(anyone know?)

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed CBS last year asking for info on lights used in the series - never heard back from them.

BTW, why is it that CSI is such a good show, while it's sister show, CSI Miami, totally sucks?

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
I love CSI Vegas, but agree with you on Miami, and I really like David Caruso, it's the other people in the show I don't like... CSI New York w/ Gary Sinise sounds good... that's next, but Vegas will always rule!

I've seen Streamlight Scorpions, the little Streamlight penlite (thin), Surefire M2/M3, Inova X5T--- I've seen them use some sort of HID or Vector type portable spotlight---

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey you know what guys, I tot my g/friend and I were alone in the CSI Vegas vs Miami thing... somehow the characters on Miami seem to lack substance, I feel. The characters on Vegas seem more interesting somehow.

Anyway, thanks for the info CNT... I gotta go see if the DVDs have hit the stores here yet! Also, they use the Stingers quite a bit, and I've seen some SF M6s as well. Also seen what looks like the Maxabeam, but am unsure if it is... Funny I've never noticed the X5t yet, gotta open my eyes wider next time!

JOshooter

Enlightened
Where did you get your set?

I've looked everywhere up here and cannot find them anywhere!!!

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for being ignorant, but what is CSI, what subject matter, and why do you like it (besides the flashlight usage)?

Thanks.

cryptoguru

Newly Enlightened
CSI Miami lacks details like the regular CSI. I always thought these shows were silly, they should base it on a real past case instead and go in to more detail..like 2 hour segments to tell more.

I am a failure analyst & accident investigator.