What to do with an L1-BK?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any easy mods out there for a Black L1? How hard is it to replace the LED with a 5 watter and boost the current? I guess I would need to bore out the body to fit another cell? Maybe a LuxIII? What are my options?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Bore out the body for a second SF123A and work out how to put an X200 bezel on it...
It wouldn't be easy but it will be totally awesome I think!

Al

Raindrop

Enlightened
Better still just have McGizmo turn it into a McL1/2. PR917 with 2x123 and the two stage switch with the awesome PR sized reflector in the trimmed down size. This light has replaced the A2 as my EDC light.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Contact McGizmo and have him make you a L1/PR-T/ Lux3/ DB917/ 2x123 or if you want a 5 watt L1/ PR-T/ BB750/ 2x123.

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Sell it to me for $50.00! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm really an awfully nice person and it
would make me very happy . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

(are my Jedi powers working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif)

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
MTFD17,

There is nothing useful about the L1, especially in black! You would not sleep well if you were to rip Lux off by selling it to him. I have come up with a sure fire way of disposing of these unwanted flashlights. Out of the goodness of my heart, I will pick up the shipping costs if you would be so kind as to just mail the L1 to me. Trust me on this. Just get rid of it and them move on without looking back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, funny responses guys. Seriously tho, Don, what can you do for me? I might be able to get my hands on a few of these (I will not say from where tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif). How much $$ do your mods usually run? Maybe ill throw one in for you for your services... Let me know! You can post here or PM me.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Several easy mods. The emitter is very easy to replace. The optics holder unscrews (the very end of the light) and there's your emitter with lots of room to work. Replacing the stock emitter with a SW0K really changed this light for me.

The resistor in the tailcap can be replaced with a different value.

I'd like to see a clickie tailcap on one

Daniel

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo's L1 --> McL1 mod is VERY nice. A clickie would be tough, it would most likely lose the hi/low mode.

Any thoughts on that, Don?