ARC AAA ???

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Why have they gotton so hard to find?
I started looking around and it seems that very places have them in stock.ARC says on thier web site that there is a 5 to 6 week back order on them.

DashingMan

Newly Enlightened
They are no longer being sold online through dealers. Once each dealer runs out, thats it. At least thats my understanding. On top of that Arc is dealing with the "intermittant" problem and are currently ramping production back up to meet backorders and regular rates. At least thats what Ive gathered.

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
J Smith said:
So ARC will be the only place to order one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
According to posts in the Arc forum, they're just getting back into production, so even ordering direct may take a while.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
That seems kind of silly to me.Why make it harder for someone to find and buy your product?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think they had sort of a recall on a couple runs of the Arc AAA, Jeff.

there were many many complaints of the intermittant-on problem, and Gransee didn't want to sell a product that didn't meet their standards..

he's even encouraged everyone to exchange their Arc AAA's if they're showing any hint of that problem.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
J Smith said:
That seems kind of silly to me.Why make it harder for someone to find and buy your product?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a really smart move to me too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
it was a great move actually.

there were many reasons, and they've been discussed extensively. doing some searches will yield plenty of information /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif