Just dropped it for a rotary

safd

Newly Enlightened
Hey! Just ordered a rotary! 10 weeks?! Ugh;)
I used to have an executive for many years. Total work horse and play item. I'd throw it into the public pools deep end for the kids in the neighborhood to dive for on late evening swims. Awesome light and experience with it. Recently my sister was talking about needing a 'bigger' light than the prometheus Beta that I gave her for long power outages...., I gave her my HDS. Served me well and I know it will do right with her.
The rotary has always intrigued me and I finally had/have a reason to give it a go. I ordered a higher output/limited one so that will be a nice jump as well as the obvious features. Yes, I ordered a clip! I need one. Hopefully I'll dig it! Just excited is all. Fan boy from way back, and looking forward to ignite that more.

safd

Newly Enlightened
Hey! Cool, to be responded by a CPF stud! I went with the sdr50 5k 300 lumen limited run.....I don't know why! The one you referenced seems the smart way to go. I was trying to go with something new to me.....not that I know anything

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
PSM is totally a stud :cool: Gotta say though, giving away and HDS is a pretty stud-like move as well, good on you sir! 10 weeks is a long time, but only a short blip in the timeline of an HDS's service life. Well worth it IMO.

I really want one of the SDRs, what model is yours in Hogo? I think I'd have to try an Executive, don't have a clicky HDS yet.....

If I didn't just buy 3 HDS lights in the last month, I'd fall for that next. Hopefully my tax return comes soon... filed that b@#$% in January!!!!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Hey! Cool, to be responded by a CPF stud! I went with the sdr50 5k 300 lumen limited run.....I don't know why! The one you referenced seems the smart way to go. I was trying to go with something new to me.....not that I know anything

Very nice, you'll love it! It renders colors very well with a nice floody beam that still has plenty of reach.

PSM is totally a stud :cool:

Likewise Dot ;)

Now only if my wife thought I was a stud. :D

safd

Newly Enlightened
I'm excited! The wait is going to be rough! The rechargeable battery kit that I ordered as well is going to be lonely..

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I see this thread title, I read it as "Just dropped a Rotary", and I think, "It'll be fine."

Candlestick

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for 18680 to be back in stock and I'll go for another rotary, thinking I'll choose 3000k if its still around.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wanted to try rotary. The only decent one they sell in Germany is the SDR50. I really would like to get the 3000k, but no one sells them over here. 5000k just cant compete with my SST20 3000k MDC. Ive also heard someone say the SDR50 is greenish. Once you go hi-cri 3000k, you cant go back.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 5000K Samsung in my Stainless Rotary and live it. I don't see any green in it, just pure white. I had a 3000K Nichia and sold it. It was great around the house and when it was dark, but for outside EDC I felt it got washed out by ambient light.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean, warm white is not great with lots of ambient light. Since 5000K is the one that's available I might get it regardless, just to see how I like the rotary. Good thing about HDS is it can always be sold or traded NP if I happen to not like the tint. I don't do emitter swaps, I stay away from that stuff. There is always the off chance Knivesandtools gets the 3000k sometime in the future, but Its doubtful. No money for this RN tho, maybe next month...