:
Hi so far it works decent.. 3 WATTS of LED power
is great, and has held up i got it from i believe Diamond
something sory but the website or page i got it from
:
:
:
:is no longer there but it was $19.95 on special
altho the 1 WATT 2-4D Giant MAG or any light conversion kit i got for $40 is almost as bright, amazing stuff. i think it's more focused

utomatoe

Enlightened
I think it was diamond-flashlight.com

Orginally I emailed them and the 3W Luxeon PR bulb was only for 3 cell flashlights and they had to modify the resistor to make it work with a 4 cell. i.e. no regulation.

Their new website has more options, heat sinked luxeons, optics, etc. But no mention if it's regulated or not and the old "diamond" led PR bulb doesn't say for 3 cell lights only.

Nice prices... but caveat emptor!

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
:
Hi yes that's
:
it i left it on for over 10 minutes and seemed working but over that i don't know.. is it safe

:
:
:
:?

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered one of their 3W drop-ins for the Mag.

FYI - their order page requesting credit card information did not show up as being secure. I opted for the PayPal checkout instead.

utomatoe

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
FYI - their order page requesting credit card information did not show up as being secure. I opted for the PayPal checkout instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice... definitely doesn't inspire confidence. I look forward to the review. Hopefully it'll all turn out well.

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Got it - dropped it in my 3D - works great. The color has a hint of green. Nice and bright though. I would recommend it to anyone who want to make their 3-cell Mag into a LuxIII machine.

14C

Enlightened
http://www.quality-items-flashlights.com/index.php?cPath=26

I got mine (3W)today. I put it in a standard 3D with a standard reflector just like the EverLED. It does appear somewhat brighter than the white EverLED I have in my other 3D. It does appear to have a green tint also compared to the EverLED.

It is a HD (I think) not a side emitter like the EverLED so comparisons are difficult. It comes with an attached threaded shroud over the PR bulb base, The shroud is soldered to the base and screws in in place of the normal bulb retainer. Looks like it will provide some heat-sinking.

There was no documentation at all in the box. No instructions. No invoice. It comes in a plastic jewel-box just like the EverLED. The jewel-box is nestled inside a black cardboard box with no markings or instructions.

I can't even be sure it's a 3W and not a 1W. They use the same picture on the site.

I am not all that favorably impressed because of the lack of documentation on the site and with the product.

One thing good. It focuses down to a tight hot-spot with a wide side-spill. Tighter than the EverLED.

Sorry no beam-shots. Camera died and I have not replaced it yet.

utomatoe

Enlightened
How did you know you had to use a 3 cell Mag? What happens if you use a 2 cell or 4 cell? The old site said 3 cell light only. The new site has no much mention....

14C

Enlightened
answer:
untomatoe:

I did not know, but I figured it'd have to be at least 3 cells for a 3W unit.

Justintoxocated:

I don't have a mod to do a side x side

14C

Enlightened
It's actually pretty nice if I don't go and compare tint to something like an L4. Nice tight hot-spot with usable spill. I am waiting for some of darkzero's sputtered reflectors to see how they work with both the EverLED and the Diamond replacement.