• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop FW4Xvn - Infinitely Variable Temperature

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply.
The idea of asking for 5000K is that this provides a little more choice on the cooler side. Just wondering: Is this flashlight capable of its most lumen setting when the color temperature is in the middle, and least maximum lumen when at the extremes (2700K and 4500K)? Perhaps only 2 emitters are on when at the coolest and warmest?

You can post your PayPal here, put an LG cell or another 18650 you think would be better, and the total. I will send the $ to your account (with notation of what flashlight I'm buying).

Put in the 219b 4500K. That's fine.

It would be nice to see a quick demonstration video showing the different temperature options. Maybe you could have your boy as an example of skin tone with the variations, on the flashlight before you send it to me.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.
The idea of asking for 5000K is that this provides a little more choice on the cooler side. Just wondering: Is this flashlight capable of its most lumen setting when the color temperature is in the middle, and least maximum lumen when at the extremes (2700K and 4500K)? Perhaps only 2 emitters are on when at the coolest and warmest? I think lumen vary slightly due the 2 pair unique LED efficiency but to my eyes the output seems quite stable. Its mostly the temp that vary leading me to believed the sum of current across the LEDs is constant and only the 2 pairs current level exchanges to vary the temp. This postulate can be confirm if we measure current accord the 2 pair of LEDs and see the changes in real time.

You can post your PayPal here, put an LG cell or another 18650 you think would be better, and the total. I will send the $ to your account (with notation of what flashlight I'm buying).

Put in the 219b 4500K. That's fine.

It would be nice to see a quick demonstration video showing the different temperature options. This needs to be done for sure. I just need to find time to do the video. I have so many videos I wish I have time to do haha :)

Maybe you could have your boy as an example of skin tone with the variations, on the flashlight before you send it to me.

May be I will do a video showing stock setup and one with SST20 2700K + Nichia 219b 4500K to see what we get.

$64 Shipped Normal Price. $50 for you giving this set up a shot.

Paypal: [email protected]

Cheers!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal sent with 10% added to cover PP fee.

Yeah, just thinking real simple quick video inside the house showing standard cardboard or brown colored things and a human if possible. If not, maybe I could do it but would not have the stock FW4X as a comparison.

Thanks!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Success!
The white wall demonstration is very interesting as well. Surprised how beautiful the 4500K really is.
Equally fascinating were the two skin tones under the variable color temperature of this flashlight. Gee, it's kind of hard to say one setting is better than the others. IT'S ALL GOOD.
Definitely looking forward to trying it in person. Our late evening/early night dog walks (when it cools down around here) are about to get more interesting. Curious to see what temp the wife will prefer for moving about the forest. It will also be interesting to use late at night where a flashlight is used exclusively for illumination in the bedroom. I can see this tool being used to inform future flashlight purchases, in that color temperature preference can be determined for a given scenario.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the FW4Xvn; really nice, really interesting.
Not sure if I should go into all the details. Maybe let others discover its nuances in their own time? The Nichia emitters are superb, and being able to add varying degrees of warmth is powerful.
Thanks Vinh for making this happen! I am one of those who purchased your first thrower model, before Sky Lumen was a name if remembering correctly.

Patriot

Flashaholic
When I first saw that title, I was thinking thermal adjustments, not color temperature! I'm kinda stupid though.. haha! For some reason, it never really occurred to me that this could be done. In any case, yeah that's quite interesting! I can see a whole new off shoot of photography lights based on this concept.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
When I first saw that title, I was thinking thermal adjustments, not color temperature! I'm kinda stupid though.. haha! For some reason, it never really occurred to me that this could be done. In any case, yeah that's quite interesting! I can see a whole new off shoot of photography lights based on this concept.

I imagine this light very useful for portraits photographers...I sold all my DSLRs unfortunately.
I just realized this fact when I planned to do the distance Throwers shots..Darn it.

Might have to buy a new camera. May be its time to finally go full frame.