Suitable replacement for Mag Light?

Lithp

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I am a police officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). I would like to have your input on a suitable replacement for my Mag Light 3 D Cells.

Essentially I need the following:

1. Durability. The flashlight I would like to have must be durable enough to be used as a weapon yet will still light up if used in such a fashion.

2. Very bright and good throw. For searching bush and long distances. Ideally I would also like it to be a blinding light.

3. Water resistant.

4. Between 8-12 inches long.

5. Heavy.

6. Long run time. For extended search periods.

Have I missed anyting? Probably. Please remind me if I have.
Essentially, what I need is a bright, long lasting durable flashlight. I thought I would post in the LED forums because I am assuming that an LED flashlight would be less likely to fail than an incadescent bulb if it were to be used as a striking tool.

Thank you for all those who replied to me already when I mentioned this topic in a previous post. I hope that some of you knowledgeable people can provide some insight.
Please post any links to sites or information you may have.

Thank you.

Lithp

Newly Enlightened
Thank you again for your posts. I have looked at both the Blaster and the Tiger Light. Both look excellent. As I reside in Canada there may be some export restrictions because of the pepper spray accessory, eventhough I carry pepper spray at work. I'm not sure about this. I may be able to have my detachment (police station) order for me and I can pay them back.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Hi Lithp:

I have the TigerLight FBOP version (Federal Bureau of Prisons) which does not contain pepper spray and is also shorter. No issues with importing this version, obviously, since it doesn't contain pepper spray. However, this version may not be long enough to use as a weapon, since it is relatively short and stubby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

symes

Enlightened
OK, just posted on the other thread and of course, the info is all here already!!

Just one thing though, does the Tigerlight include a pepper spray canister? I thought it just had the slot for one...

Surely that makes it no more difficult to import than a perfume bottle....LOL.....