• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo lights.

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
I see a lot of McGizmos on the want to sell ads. While I think that they are to expensive for practical everyday use, and also kind of small, I do have curiosity as to the available models and also I would like to know if any of his light use a 18650 battery. Problem is I cannot find his flashlight website.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks.

Rafael

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
The Mcgizmo lights in my view are mostly "lego" lights. Meaning there are a variety of heads which provide various beam types such as mules, small heads with smaller reflectors, larger heads with big reflectors, aspheric, and a variety of bodies that accommodate various cell sizes. In addition, the light engines inside the various heads are easily swapped and work with a variety of heads. So in addition to having the ability to set up a light the way you want it, if you own multiple lights, you can reconfigure the components into many more lights. For example, if you owned 2 different McGizmo lights with different heads, bodies, and light engines, you can just swap the heads, giving you 4 different light configurations. Then if you swap the light engines in the heads you have 8 different possible combinations just by owning 2 lights.
Yes he does make an 18650. 2 different bodies and 2 different heads that I know of.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
All of the information is here on CPF under the menu > browse > custom and modified flashlights > CPF custom builders and modders. McGizmo is at the top.

carrot

Flashaholic

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
The thread is closed, and the dates go from 2004 to 2019. I am far away from unterstanding the McGizmo system of information. All I want is to know about the 18650 models. Up to now it has been impossible.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread is closed, and the dates go from 2004 to 2019. I am far away from unterstanding the McGizmo system of information. All I want is to know about the 18650 models. Up to now it has been impossible.

It's closed by Don McGizmo so nobody mess with his sale post. In that post you will find all the details you need about ordering and if you want to read more about 18650 just go in the forum section mentioned by guys above.

Sent from Tapatalk

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
18650 format is not too bad to sort out.

If you place an order for a McGizmo, you need to identify:
1. The head
2. The LED
3. The light engine
4. The battery pack

So 18650 limits those selections a bit compared to the E-Series compatible lights.

1. Head options are
- "Ram" or "Mule"
- The Ram has a reflector, the Mule does not. So, Ram if you like some throw, Mule if you are happy with pure flood.
2. LED
- This is a tough one … need to pick between current offerings - XM-L2, XP-G2, Nichia 119V, etc. It seems that Don's intention was XM-L2 for those who favor flood, Nichia for those who favor color rendering, XP-G2 to give you a bit more throw. Again, everyone struggles with this one.
3. Light engine
- Easy… the HIVE is the only option on 18650 lights.
4. Battery Pak
- again, fairly easy, as options are limited by 18650. The "Aqua" came out first. It is a twisty, and designed to be a waterproof dive light. By popular demand, Don offered a "Terra", which is a Clicky and lacks the water proofing.

So a twisty based flood light with XM-L2 is ordered as:
AquaMule HIVE XM-L2

A Clicky based reflector light with XP-G2 is ordered as:
TerraRam HIVE XP-G2.

Again, the "HIVE" portion is not really necessary, but it will help you with all future orders if you can wrap your head around picking:
1. Head
2. LED
3. Light Engine
4. Battery Pack

Good Luck!

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Also, just FYI, Fivemega makes SS 18650 and 18350 bodies that fit on McGizmo e-series bodies. That gives you more options.

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
18650 format is not too bad to sort out.

If you place an order for a McGizmo, you need to identify:
1. The head
2. The LED
3. The light engine
4. The battery pack

So 18650 limits those selections a bit compared to the E-Series compatible lights.

1. Head options are
- "Ram" or "Mule"
- The Ram has a reflector, the Mule does not. So, Ram if you like some throw, Mule if you are happy with pure flood.
2. LED
- This is a tough one … need to pick between current offerings - XM-L2, XP-G2, Nichia 119V, etc. It seems that Don's intention was XM-L2 for those who favor flood, Nichia for those who favor color rendering, XP-G2 to give you a bit more throw. Again, everyone struggles with this one.
3. Light engine
- Easy… the HIVE is the only option on 18650 lights.
4. Battery Pak
- again, fairly easy, as options are limited by 18650. The "Aqua" came out first. It is a twisty, and designed to be a waterproof dive light. By popular demand, Don offered a "Terra", which is a Clicky and lacks the water proofing.

So a twisty based flood light with XM-L2 is ordered as:
AquaMule HIVE XM-L2

A Clicky based reflector light with XP-G2 is ordered as:
TerraRam HIVE XP-G2.

Again, the "HIVE" portion is not really necessary, but it will help you with all future orders if you can wrap your head around picking:
1. Head
2. LED
3. Light Engine
4. Battery Pack

Good Luck!

One more question. To place an order do I have to send a email to Don?

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Dons email is:
[email protected]
I advise looking in the threads at the "aqua mule/aqua ram terra mule/terra ram.
You will tell him if you want a mule, or a head with a traditional parabolic reflector "mule" or "ram" head.
Tell him if you want the "aqua" diving style body that turns on and off as well as change brightness by twisting the head on and off, or if you want the "terra" body with a clicky on the tail to turn the light on and off as well as change brightness.
Tell him which LED you would prefer.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys and sorry for being so late to this thread. Thanks to all who helped here! As stated, the only 18650 lights are the Aqua and Terra paks coupled with either the Mule or Ram head designed for the two paks.