Imalent        

Thread: What is the difference between magnetic and usb charger?

Unenlightened

Default What is the difference between magnetic and usb charger?

Will the flashlight be charged faster with magnetic charger?

Default Re: What is the difference between magnetic and usb charger?

Depends on the charge rate, likely the direct connect USB would be faster especially if it is USB C.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic*

No. It's just a different connection. If using the same power supply

Quote Originally Posted by vicv View Post
    No. It's just a different connection. If using the same power supply
    I'm sorry I was thinking of wireless which uses coils, if there is a mechanical connection of contacts then there is no difference in power other than perhaps contacts getting corroded somehow which is equally possible with wired connections IMO.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic*

Yeah I presume that he was talking about magnetic charging and flashlights which usually just uses a magnetic electrical contact.

One thing I should point out also in your post is talking about USBC. Unfortunately USB-C is just a connector and it does not imply any type of charging specification. It was supposed to. That was the reason it was created. But unfortunately many things that use that port do not use proper USB-C specifications

Quote Originally Posted by vicv View Post
    Yeah I presume that he was talking about magnetic charging and flashlights which usually just uses a magnetic electrical contact.

One thing I should point out also in your post is talking about USBC. Unfortunately USB-C is just a connector and it does not imply any type of charging specification. It was supposed to. That was the reason it was created. But unfortunately many things that use that port do not use proper USB-C specifications
    Yeah also there is no specified charge rate either can be from 1A to 3A and even include fast charging protocols up to 20V even.

Flashaholic*

Ya that's spec. There's also Qualcomm qc 2.0 and 3.0 that can use a C connector on one end. Or one plus dash charge. Hauwei fast charge which is 10v 4A. Then for data it can be usv 2.0 to 3.2. Something else which was supposed to be universal and it was screwed up for proprietary reasons. Google is using it to spec. So is apple for their MacBook chargers