Maglite C/D head vs surefire millennium turbo head

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not asking the differences in quality or output between these two. I am more of asking the difference between them when it comes to beam shaping and throw. I saw that fivemega did a adapter to put a mag light head on a surefire body. So if you had an equivalent bulb in adapters and proper batteries between the two, how would the beams compare?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have a 7 cell flashlight from the 1960's with a 4" reflector that beats the stuffing out of a 7 cell maglite for throw.

So if the same bulb and electricity is supplied to a D26 and a classic 52mm maglite head the Maglite should appear brighter. The shape (as in depth) of the reflector also plays a role. A deep reflector should throw better than a shallow on of the same diameter.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
My M4 and M3T have a great beam. The throw is not all that impressive. To be honest I was very shocked.Any mag led today will destroy it for throw.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M4 and M3T have a great beam. The throw is not all that impressive. To be honest I was very shocked.Any mag led today will destroy it for throw.
KT-4 reflectors were all same but M*g "C" and "D" custom reflectors came with many different size and shapes such as SMO, VLOP, LOP, MOP, HOP, stippled and more.
They even came with different sizes sch as 2", 2" deep, 2.5" Throw Master, 3" and 3.5"
So using same bulb in all above setups will give you variety of beam shapes from narrow to wide.

FM 3" M compatible Head

Last edited: