Anybody going to their home opener?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Is anybody here on CPF planning on attending their city's baseball team's home opener ("lid lifter", as Dave Niehaus says)?

I got my hands on a ticket for the Seattle Mariners home opener at 2:05pm PDT today. So if you don't see me here on CPF between about 12:30pm and 6:00pm, that's where I'll be. Safeco Field, just south of downtown Seattle.

Since it's a day game, flashlights won't be very useful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyone else going to their home opener?

JackBlades

Enlightened
You lucky dawg!
The Mariners are playing my Angels! Our Anaheim HO was sold out months ago but I DID attend last year's and it was way cool. We of course had the World Series trophy on display.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yep lol i cant even watch it for a minute and i live near atl ga. home of the bravesn i wont even go to a game if i got in for free and got free beeer. however football i love its way more interesting been a miami dolphins fans since i could walk also a miami huricanes fan

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
Today in AZ at 3:05PM MST (Diamondbacks & Rockies)
and
Thursday in San Diego at 7:05PM PDT (Padres & Giants)

raggie33 it's Americas game.

The Fish are becoming the East Coast version of the Raiders where malcontents go for the last chance ---> Boston, Griese, Ricky. At least they wised up and cast the Bri guy adrift....Be nice to Junior they did him wrong in SD and he is the ultimate warrior.

Charles: You are most likely out keeping us safe, so we can have an opening day. Thank you for your sacrifice...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you for your response so far.
I'll be leaving in about two hours, and probably get home around 6:00pm PDT. I got a couple of CR-V3 batteries for my backup digital camera yesterday, so I'll take some pictures while I'm there.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
JackBlades said:
You lucky dawg!
The Mariners are playing my Angels!

[/ QUOTE ]
I just now got home (6:18pm PDT), and your Angels beat our Mariners 10-5.
It was 10-1 in the 7th, but we tried to stage a little comeback in the 8th; however as you can see, it wasn't enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Flipping my baseball hat inside-out and putting it on ("rally cap") in the top of the 8th probably helped, but not enough.

I bought a program outside the stadium, received a magnetic schedule upon entering (all fans were given one), and received some kind of packet - baseball cards I think - as I left the stadium. So I did come home with some souvenirs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just found out I was on TV again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If anybody watched the Mariners/Angels game on cable TV yesterday, I was the guy with the Mariners Moose on the steering arm of my wheelchair, up in the 300 level, in deep right field, foul territory, not far from the foul pole.