MICRO-LENS for luxeon emitters

tonyb

Enlightened
Micro-lens system for luxeon emitters. Lens diameter 8mm, polished aluminum spacer ring 8mm dia. by 2.7mm high for low dome and 4.1mm high for a high dome emitter. Excellent for very small modifications or for narrowing beam on task lighting, Multi-emitter flashlights and the like.
microlux4.JPG

microlux1.jpg

low dome with attached lens
<font color="red"> MADE IN THE USA
PATENTS PENDING
COPYRIGHT TONYB 2004
</font>

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
how much of the generated photons go out the front? I have been using the NX05 optics and am pleased with them. How do these compare with the NX05's?
Jeff

unnerv

Enlightened
how much and where do we order. I could probably use 3 to 5 depending on price. Will they work with 5W luxs?

tonyb

Enlightened
Unnerv and Kitelights please check your private messages. Unnerv, yes they will work on a 5W emitter. Thanks for the interest.

tony.

Moat

Enlightened
Yes - beamshots would be nice. These would really open up some smaller mod possibilities - I've been wanting to install a Lux in an Infinity Ultra, and these might really help simplify the installation.

Question - Would the lens/support ring act to transfer any direct contact loads around the Luxeon's dome, and into it's base, thus preventing damage to the Lux's comparatively delicate dome? That would allow leaving them exposed, with no additional protective lens - like a stock Ultra/Arc AA.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif (Also waiting for the beamshots.) Tony, I do like the formfactor!

Larry

Aten_Imago

Banned
Tony, nice work on these lenses but I have a special beam spec and wonder if you may have worked out a solution. Please see my PM. Thanks, Aten

mike101

Newly Enlightened
Want to buy 3 to 5 of low dome. Please let me know the prize and how to order.

cy

Flashaholic
Cooool I'm interested, please post price and availabiltiy and of course beam shots compared to fraen & NX05

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif? Oh NO Mike, I sent a PM to TonyB to ask him about the price... I'm sure 6P did the same too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sorry for the confusion!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: MICRO-LENS **BEAMSHOTS**

Here ya guys go, some beamshots:

All beamshots taken at 7ft. The ruler used for scale in the pics is 2ft. in length. I also included a beamshot using a LuxV just for the hell of it and a NX-05 for comparison.

LD Spacer (short) - Q3(LD) BB400
microlens-2.5mm_q3-ld-bb400.jpg

Left: HD Spacer (long) - Q3J(HD) BB500, Right: HD Spacer - Q3(LD) BB400
microlens-4mm_q3j-bb500.jpg
microlens-4mm_q3-ld-bb400.jpg

Left: HD Spacer - U3U DD3x123, Right: NX-05 - Q3(LD) BB400
microlens-4mm_u3u-dd.jpg
nx05_q3-ld-bb400.jpg

The HD spacer put out a funny ring/halo not seen in the pics with both all three Luxeons. The LD spacer on the LD luxeon also put out a halo/ring but is nowhere near as unsightly (IMO) as the with the HD spacer on all three luxeons. The "hotspot" of the HD spacer with a LD luxeon is especially nice but I did not like the halo/ring it put out too much. I can live with it though. I like the performance of Tony's lenses and being the size that they are, they're outstanding. I'd recommend them!