sputtered or OP Mag reflector

davidra

Enlightened
I'm looking for one for a 2C...seems like the metal ones are all sold out. Is there a source? And anyone have any crazy mods for a 4D?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Not a crazy mod or nothing new but I just did a 4D mod for someone local, here. The luxeon had a vf of "M" and I used a 1.5ohm resistor. It pulled close to 1A and I wanted to use a 1.2ohm instead. It was still bright, had awsome runtimes, and the guy was more than happy with it.

Rick, you asked for cammed sputtered reflectors....please keep in mind that I have no idea if they will withstand good amounts of heat and don't think they will. If they are for use with a crazy "hotwire" mod, I'm not liable if the reflectors melt. Just wanted to point that out.

thx

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could always try to do it yourself? Maybe practice on a cheap reflector first? Then if you screw up you could buy one, or just by one anyways, it will probably be a while untill they are ready anyays.But it seems DZ has TONS of experience at this point. I can't wait to get mine.

davidra

Enlightened
I had thought about just an Everled for the old 4D I have, but I realized that the brightness will actually be less than the incan bulb. DZ, I posted asking to be put on your list for 2 cammed ones. I intend on just using them in 2C 3x123 112 mods, which I'm sure they would tolerate. Any idea when more will be available? And JI (and DZ)....how does one sputter?

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I practiced on some cheap reflectors first, and had an extra Mag C that I messed up too, Basicaly you shake up a can of Krylon Clear coat (I used Rustoleum Painters Touch) and lightly mist the paint from about a foot away, your goal is a clear coat that is not perfectly smooth, with the Painters Touch is looks different than DarkZeros, It appears more textured but still very shiny...I ended up with big globs of paint the fist time which significantly reduced the throw and brightness of the light.

The idea is to sputter jsut right, not too much or too little, both too much and too little will result in reduced brightness and throw..Maybe I can put up a picture later of ho wmine came out, and DZ has a bost in BST that shows his.

Latest posts