SF L2

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
You asked for "any word". Perhaps if you'd given an indication of which word you wanted?

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
LOL... How about an (end-user) availability date? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everything else is either straight from the 2004 catalog (CR123 x 2, 15/65 lumens, 90min runtime, 6.06" long, 1" dia, 4.2oz, $165 MSRP) and everything else is pretty guessable (E2e-like body, L1/A2-like digital button, KL4-like head/beam pattern, probably a 5W LS based on output/runtime, E2O/C2/C3-like elongated belt clip...)

I mean... ...not that I'm interested... *cough cough*

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al, you don't have anything to add just move on.

Sodakar, I doubt a 90min runtime since the L4 is only around 60min. I remember hearing the L2 was going to be a Lux III.

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
tkl,

I guess this is where I start biting my nails a bit, as the SureFire "catalog-vs-actual" guessing game starts... (and no, I'm not bent out of shape about that, as SureFire releases their catalogs before their products are truly finaled...)

So the guessing game begins...

SureFire listed the L4 in their 2004 catalog at a run-time of 90min, but it actually only runs for 60min (later corrected on their website). Does this mean the L2 (also listed as running for 90min) will also run for 60min with a V, or will SureFire use a III to get the 90min run-time? I've heard more rumors from 3rd-party vendors about it being a III vs V... Gah! I dunno...

Of course, if they do go with a different LS than the L4, I wonder if the high lumen reading of 65 will be attained. I haven't kept up with III's, but it's my assumption that it would not be as bright as a V. So... will the 65 lumen max output be compromised? Noooo...

The one thing I hope to not see change drastically is the low power output of 15 lumens. I really like how much light the E1e and KL1 produce, and would greatly appreciate that level of light... If it's as low as a L1's low output, it won't do much for folks like me who live in metropolitan areas and never go camping...

Of course, instead of worrying about all this, the easiest thing is to just buy one... LOL...

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
LOL, I guess it took me 20 minutes to write my lousy reply while Al answered one of our questions...

So, I guess once the L2 goes up on the website, we'll probably see its runtime listed as 60 minutes... Very cool... The brighter it is, the less pain I feel from having to replace my E2e as EDC... ...er, that is, if I get one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, now I just gotta pull for the 15/65 low/high lumen settings, and I'm set...

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al, thanks for clarifying the led. I wonder why, or where folks got the Lux III idea? It wasn't far out since the X200 uses a Lux III. I wonder what the thinking was?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
sodakar said:
The one thing I hope to not see change drastically is the low power output of 15 lumens. I really like how much light the E1e and KL1 produce, and would greatly appreciate that level of light... If it's as low as a L1's low output, it won't do much for folks like me who live in metropolitan areas and never go camping...

[/ QUOTE ] Couldn't agree more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Al, thanks for clarifying the led. I wonder why, or where folks got the Lux III idea? It wasn't far out since the X200 uses a Lux III. I wonder what the thinking was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's a 5 watt driven at 3 watts? Isn't the L4 driven at around 3 watts? I thought I read that on here somewhere.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I think prolepsis identified the eronious (sp) source of the Lux III rumor. If one consults the time line of the L2, it was designed well before the advent of the LuxIII. I suspect that certain projects must continue as initially planned and they can be allowed to evolve or die off as technology brings new components to bear. JMHO

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
A buddy called SureFire about the L2's availability date, and was basically told that the waiting list is so long, that there will be no way for them to predict a date when it will be available. He was advised to just put his name on the waiting list, and just wait it out.

Yikes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it's time to start asking for favors...

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Catalog has many typo's the runtime will be 60ish minutes. The L2 is basically a KL4 head on a two cell body with a two stage switch.

JohnJ80

Enlightened
SF told me yesterday that the firsts production lights should be available in about 8-10 weeks as they come out of production. He didn't speak about the waiting lists. He said it is the same lead time for the U2 and that the U2 in high power is about 100 lumens - brighter than the L4.

j

luxlover

Banned
Yes Sir. There is!!!!!!! I posted the data below in another message titled "SureFire LumaMax specs have been "revealed"..." Read it with your morning breakfast!

I have excellent news for all of us who are interested in SureFire's (SF) L1, L2, L4, L5, and L6 lights. I spoke to an Eric at SF yesterday. All of these models except the L2, have final specs that will not be changing.
L1 = low 1 lumen, high 20 lumens, for 600 minutes
L2 has eight weeks to be finalized. As of today, low 15 lumens, high 65 lumens, for 90 minutes
L4 = 65 lumens, for 90 minutes
L5 = 80 lumens, for 45 minutes
L6 = 80 lumens, for 90 minutes

Start counting the "weeks" before, touchdown........

Luxlover