Aww GEEZ! Holy SMOKES! Yikes!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
BAD weather came through here today. Was at work.

Several close strikes by lightning... one about 30 feet away hit a tree!

The work 'puter (which was almost totally rebuilt recently) took damage. Maybe very bad damage.

The house next door had a wall plug catch fire, but the lady was there and caught it. Whew!

Next door to my house had a fire that cleaned out the inside. No cloths, no pictures, nothing.

But for the grace of God, could have been work, or my house.

Met the leasing agent for the house on the other side. Asked if they were gonna rent it to drug dealers again. She assured me "not if we can help it".

Don't really know what to say anymore.

I'm a bit more depressed than yesterday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
Yeah it was really coming down for a few minutes there, though we didn't have lightning come NEAR as close as it did to you. Sorry to hear about your neighbors. Hope they can get back on their feet quickly. Glad to hear that you didn't suffer any damages.

One time it was pouring down rain (with lightning accompanying it of course) and I was riding around on my bike. Anyhow I was waiting under a greenbelt underpass for the lightning to die down, when a few hundred feet away this bolt of lightning strikes a tree (with an incredibly loud clap of thunder). Absolutely scared the crap out of me. I swear I jumped 6 feet off the ground.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I ain't worried about me. That damn 'puter has recently cost us almost a grand. OVER the price we paid for the darn thing!

I had it on a UPS.... only it was plugged into the wrong side. Whoops!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe, from now on Make sure that it plugged into the correct side of the UPS.

If Storms that bad come around here, I would crawl under the computer table and UNPLUG everthing!! I have been had by lightning twice, and that is 2 times too many. I even have things on a UPS that has insurance for my system, but, I am not taking any chances.

That bad = strong Lightning storm at minimum.