ipod killer

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah ya heard me it a ipod killer im talking about a sony minidisc player i have the sony mzs1 it sounds better then my ipod did it plays mini disk. atrac is a better codec then mp3 or aac .just give it a listen plus the battery last 50 hours lol then ya take it out throw it away and replace it with one aa batt

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing about ATRAC3 is that its restricted to 132kbps. MP3 at 256kbps sounds much nicer, even listening through some earbuds. And if you use sony's jukebox (which you have to if you have one of the memorystick devices), you'll find some of the most restrictive Digital Rights Management BS since Windows XP came out. Change any single bit of hardware and you have to reinstall the sony jukebox.
Having said all that, i have a sony walkman. The hardware is superb, and their ergonomics second to none.
NWMS70D-1.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i now say this bay owns the ipod and iloved the ipod. yeah have tohave good headphones to hear how much better it is. and hey the media is only 2 bucks at the most!!!ya can hook it up and record stuff thru a optical cable!

Saaby

Flashaholic
So I'm a little unclear Raggie, you prefer the iPod, or the iPod killer?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't like mini disc. recording onto it is VERY slow. My roomate has it and the only sole reason he does not use it often is because the recording takes about an hour, converting etc. Of course, i don't own ipod, so cannot say much.

btw, kakster, can you move the minidisc a bit? i need the first 12 numbers in your CC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
shiftd his pc must be slow cause first what it is doing is converting it to a atrac i can fill my disk in like 10 minutes.so hook it up to my pc before i shoer and its done. or he could just convert em in bulk so it will be faster. sabby i hate to say it minidisc owns ipod just give one a listen .now ipod does have acc i didnt liten to msany acc files but there better then mp3 so maybe if i here on ill change mind .but keep in mind my mini disk battery is like 20 cents and last 50hours then i can go any where n buy one .it never skips the media is cheap and soon there is going to be 1 gig media. rumers to be 4 gigs and it will uses atrac plus it is a awesume codec cd sound and a very smallfile makes mp3 look huge

Saaby

Flashaholic
That does sound pretty cool raggie, other then Sony refuses to let their devices work with Apple computers.

As far as speed, I filled my iPod with every song I have (Almost 1800. Just under 10 gig) in about 20 minutes, over a network, so...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sabbyi must admit im kinda partail to sony. but i do admit the ipod is amazeing .o ps my sony is water prooff its shock prooff to . i still recomend my freinds the ipod unless they are a audiefile .lol plus man the bootlegs ya can make with this bay boggle the mind just imagine pluging it into a sound board with its optical out? this sony has optical in id never do that but i do like makes recording

Saaby

Flashaholic
That's true, Mr.iPod isn't so waterproof.

I suppose if you want a lot of music in a small space the Minidisc is the way to go. If you want TONS of music in an overpriced, but equally small space than iPod mini. If you want all your music everywhere you go without having to carry around any kind of media (That's me) big fat (sic) white iPod is the ticket.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o ill get another ipod i bought mine for 140 bucks .im a sucker for a deal.i got the minidisk playr for 75 new which is mazeing cause it burns minidisk in it.i thuink it must be dvd technolgy case there so small but ya can throw em around cause they are enlcosed in a case thingy. only thing i hate about ipod was battery .and im sure they hate it to.they messed up there, rios 20 gig player is same size and has 16 hours plus better sound

Skyline

Enlightened
raggie... I guarantee my EAC ripped LAME encoded MP3s (VBR --alt-preset extreme) sound better than mini discs. It's all in how you do the encoding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
skyline i use lame v3.95 vbr 1 meg per meg atrac sound better mp3 is old atrac 3 sounds better well to my ears.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
update i still love this puppy its battery life is amazeing i have no idea how they do it.i listen to this alot id say it does the 50 hours maybe more.and i have enought music for me on one disk.like i said tthis is the first gen player about a week ago the new gen came out with the new player ya can reformat the old style disk 2 get twice the music.even more if ya use the newer codec.but if ya use the new disk with the new players ya can get like 45 hours a tunes per disk thats plenty cause ya can carry more disk if ya want. ya can use disk as pc storage 1 gig per disk they cant scatch like a dvd or cd.raggie give 2 thumbs up