• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The "Believe it or not" Sale

rookie

Enlightened
Re: The \"Believe it or not\" Sale

Is this going to be like an auction with winner being the highest bidder?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps something along those lines.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

On hold at the moment. PM-ing with someone.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Orion, I think your method of sale here is against some of the rules. As suggested, this would be better served in the CPF auction forum. How about if this comes off "hold" you move it there? I'll leave this thread open but I hope it doesn't continue on, as is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doesn't matter. The sale is no longer in effect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif soo... are you putting it up on CPFAuctions then?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

No. Someone else was going to trade for just the LED. I tried to remove it. It now has a bubble under the dome. I'm not feeling well right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cloaca Congito...

Best of luck finding a replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

Dear members,

As you may have noticed, this thread was locked down earlier today. The reason for that was so that the administrators and moderators could properly work out what to do with this situation... and it is indeed a "situation".

First, I would like to remind everyone of the current policies for this forum:

"In addition, sales and auctions are not limited to the creators of items. If you own a custom item or mod, it can be resold here at a fixed price or auctioned off with a portion of the proceeds donated to the CPF coffers. This new policy will benefit all.

Please contact me to set up auctions and to agree on what portion will be donated to CPF. I would like to keep auctions spaced out so as not to have too many going at once which could possibly effect the amount you could get for your auctioned item."

The thread addressing these policies can be found HERE. It is stickied at the top of the thread list for this forum.

I consider this thread to be a not so subtle attempt to circumvent these policies. Ignorance of the policies is not an excuse. It is the responsibility of every member to be aware of the policies of the board and of the different forums.

In addition, it would seem as if Orion has tried to "get rid of" this item before. You can read all about that HERE. It seems as if he ended up renegging on that "trade" back then also.

Now it is not my habit to point out to our members that something is not right, but in this instance I'll make an exception, even though I know that our members are not stupid and they can see things pretty clearly themselves. This is not right. This is twice where it seems as if Orion has backed out on a deal or done some dealing behind the scenes which resulted in the appearance of some unethical behavior. Either way... this is not how things are done on CPF and this will not be tolerated. Honesty and trust are top priorities here... they are essential! Policies are set as a guide if anyone is unsure.

I will respectfully ask that anyone who feels that they cannot follow the policies of this board, and/or do business in an ethical, honest manner, that they take themselves elsewhere. If you feel that you need to find a way to circumvent the policies, take it elsewhere. Stop wasting everyone's time.

Thanks to all who have maintained the integrity of CPF and made it such an awesome place where for the most part, we don't have to worry about such things as getting screwed over in a sale or trade. For you others... take it elsewhere

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

I DELETED this thread because it was requested. I come back on today to find it still open and a response from Sasha.

I was not being unethical. You all believe so. I will no longer be on this site, and no longer consider myself a CPF member.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

don't go
I don't know what went on, but you've been around too long to just go.

PM me, OK?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

[ QUOTE ]
Orion said:
I DELETED this thread because it was requested. I come back on today to find it still open and a response from Sasha.

I was not being unethical. You all believe so. I will no longer be on this site, and no longer consider myself a CPF member.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not serious, are you? There is no reason for you to leave CPF!!! Stay I say, please.

LightScene

Enlightened

I'm glad Sasha clamped down on this sale. It was unethical from the beginning. This way of doing business (using private mail so that only the seller knows how much is being offered for an item) doesn't belong on CPF. This guy keeps cancelling his deals and claiming that it was the only "ethical" thing to do. Yeh right.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gee...it's just a sale. COME ON. Orion had so much to contribute in knowledge and i would hate it if he left, and i would hate it even more if some people start judging his character on a sour deal.

So maybe he isn't the best "seller" of all, but that is no reason to leave the CPF. Please stay.

Maybe administrative things like this would be best left behind the scenes like many other "situations" before. I hope things will be resolved peacefully.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hay Wry-dude, don't let one negative incident color all the other hundreds of pleasant exchanges you've had here - in fact I see you have over a thousand posts and a couple more months would make it two years you've been here. You contributed not only through commentary but with some interesting mods as well. Besides, what other hobbies are you gonna get into? Drag racing? (I hear it's hard on the ankles with those high heels anyway)

Hay man, we be yo' cyba-hood! (inner city talk for "don't leave")

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm only back on [and for this one last time] to let you,who had negative comments, know that YOU have NO idea of what went on in the previous deal, nor in THIS deal. I DID make a mistake on the first deal, and to that effect, I apologized to those involved. When I put this up for sale again, I should have put it in the auction thread, but even before I decided it was best to move it there, the person FROM THE ORIGINAL DEAL got with me, and because of the previous mishap, I decided to deal with HIM on the LED by itself, as was going to be the original deal. cy is the person, in case you are interested. The deal was ended because while trying to remove the LED, it WAS DAMAGED. So, you see, the comments in open forum was totally out of place, as was Sasha's assumption that it was unethical. In fact it was VERY ethical that I was trying to deal with the original person from the deal before. These comments did not help out a person who ruined a very rare X3T LED. THAT was bad enough, but the further comments were the last straw. I'm out.

Don't bother sending a PM. I'm not accepting them and am off this board. For those who gave positive comments, thank you, it's been fun chatting with you all. Good luck on your modding.