Happy 2nd CPF Anniversery Sasha

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Sasha, I just noticed that you registered two years ago today. Did you start out at the top of this heap or did your talents shine through after joining and got you appointed to do the heavy lifting that women are so good at? That was a complement, just in case you had any doubt. Sometimes I'm not well written and don't communicate coherently.

Could you give us new members a short bio on your rise to flame? Thanks for your hard work keeping us in line and the site running smoothly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Sasha for all the work you do!!!

I know that a lot of what you do sometimes goes unnoticed and appreciated but you're number one in my book. I've always wondered just how much time you spend working with the CPF a week, Care to share?

RH

Enlightened
Yes, thank you very much Sasha. Your hard work is very much appreciated!!!

Greta

Flashaholic
Thank you jayflash... and Leb and RH... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I didn't even realize that it has been that long! WOW!!
wow.gif

Ok... so here's the story...

David and I met about 5 years ago on another bulletin board that he had. Actually, my brother belonged to the board and introduced me to the world of bulletin boards... should I hate him or thank him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Anyway... then David went off and started this silly little bulletin board about flashlights of all things... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ... what a goofy idea THAT was! ... So he turned the other board over to me to run seeing as how I was the only one who could half way control my brother... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

I ran that board for awhile and then started one of my own. David kept in touch but life got busy for both of us. Then one day about 2 years ago, he contacted me and asked me if I would help him out with the software on this silly little board that he had... you know... the one about flashlights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif So I came and took a look at it and couldn't believe the amount of work that needed to be done on the software!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Of course, I told David that I'd be more than happy to do what I could.

So yes, I came on board as an administrator... just so I had full access to the control panel. Well then David had a few things come up in his life that took him away from the board for a short period of time. He asked me if I would just keep an eye on things and do what I could to keep things running until he could get back on a regular basis.

Well... the rest, I guess, is history. Being the control freak that I am, I started
whip2.gif
'ing everyone into shape and they seemed to like it for some strange reason... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif so David decided to keep me on.

And then something very strange happened... I ended up getting sucked into the sick and twisted world of flashlights!! And I fell head over heels in love with this silly little bulletin board and all of it's wonderful personalities. So now I'm just too deeply entrenched to ever just walk away. Honestly, I think it would take a crowbar to get me away... some nights, in the wee hours, it does.

How much time do I spend on here each week? Gosh, I have no idea!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ... But I know that if I am home, my computer is on CPF and even if I'm watching TV, I'm here during commercials... and if I'm cleaning house, I'm still keeping an eye on things here... and if I get up at 3AM for a glass of milk, I check in... and the first thing I do every morning before I even have my coffee is to hit refresh. It's pretty pathetic, I know... but honestly, it's all you guy's fault. If you didn't make this place so awesome, I would simply do my work with the software and then go watch Oprah or something equally as inane.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

So I guess I owe all of YOU a huge <font color="red">THANK YOU!!!</font>... for sucking me into your sick and twisted world... and to David... for being so inept with UBB software... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
kiss.gif

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Nitro. I enjoyed reading your story.

Hope you have a Happy Anniversary!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Happy anniversary Sasha!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thank you for keeping CPF running smoothly, and all that other horse puckey you have to put up with around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally, a Cafe topic I feel comfortable posting to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Sasha, thanks for all the hard work you have put into this place over the last two years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sasha...admit it - your just a "sick" one! Oh, not me...that's right! I can quit "anytime" I want..yeah, that's it!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I thought you came on board origionally as a travel agent arranging travel and lodging for the first get together.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
gotdamn.
Sasha has a history of power in the flashaholic world.

congrats on the longevity and thanks for sticking around to keep it running smoothly.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Happy Anniversery Sasha!

(I think I heed to build a 2-level switch for you as a present!)

Larry

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif our Queen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
I thought you came on board origionally as a travel agent arranging travel and lodging for the first get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roy... that was my cover... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I thought Sasha had been with us longer. Only reason I thought it was longer was because all of that she has accomplished in this time.

This place would not be the same without Sasha. Its been a great 2 years.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, Sasha got a peak at CPF before I opened it to the public. I don't remember her exacts words for the concept. But it was somewhere along the lines of 'rrriiiiiggghhtt...'. I couldn't suck her in then. I guess CPF had to be up and running for it to be attractive to her.

As for Lee, I miss him on occasion. But life goes on. And this is not a political board.

Inept? OK... fair assessment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thank you Sasha for all that you do for CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for everything you do day day and night for CPF Sasha, and thank you for starting things up David. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Mike

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Anny Sasha. This is by far the best forum on the internet, due in large part to your efforts. We all really appreicate all the hard work you put in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif With all that you do, don't ya think they could have gotten you a better member number than 1533? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Floating Spots

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
But I know that if I am home, my computer is on CPF and even if I'm watching TV, I'm here during commercials... and if I'm cleaning house, I'm still keeping an eye on things here... and if I get up at 3AM for a glass of milk, I check in... and the first thing I do every morning before I even have my coffee is to hit refresh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, now at least we all know where the bandwidth goes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Congrats on your two year (& $2K in lights?) anniversary.