Newbie checking in

Bo_Smith

Newly Enlightened
Hey all-

My name is Bo Smith. I'm a cj student living in Salt Lake City. I coasted in to find information on SF's new E2D Defender, have been lurking for a while. I decided that it was time to introduce myself, in case I want to post...

I'm not really a "flashaholic". I have a couple of Streamlight Stinger xt's, and an m3 ti (does that count?). I ordered a SF E2D from Meridian about two months ago (*waiting patiently- or not!*). I'm more interested in tactical application and edc. But, as I find Surefire's variety a little overwhelming, this must be the right place to get the lowdown.

Thanks for the community.

-Bo

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Bo_Smith said:
I'm not really a "flashaholic".

[/ QUOTE ]

Denial doesn't help. The road to recovery starts with admitting the condition. Of course if recovery was the objective, you couldn't expect a lot of help here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to CPF.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like you're starting out well, Bo and WELCOME. The E2D should be a good EDC and you can always get something smaller.

Gotta rant a little though: <whine> ANOTHER newbie with a SureFire! I'm gonna break down and buy one yet.

Bo_Smith

Newly Enlightened
Empath and Jayflash-
I don't consider myself a "flashaholic" because as of this second I only have three decent lights (2 xts and one m3- and that one's not for finding lost car keys- lol). The E2D will get here when it gets here. On the other hand, I really am liking the looks of the Inova t-3... sigh another preorder, and I haven't even got the first one yet...

Thanks for the welcome.

-Bo

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayflash, we could probably afford a G2. about $30.

maybe somebody has a timeshare for an A2?

Bob

Ps welcome, Bo! your wallet is toast....

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
kitelights, I'm afraid that our Newbie is already beyond that famous river in Egypt - the hook has been deeply set.

Great idea, pedalinbob, about the A2 timeshare. LOL! Yeah, if I didn't enjoy whining so much I'd buy that G2. Thanks for the well wishes on my new job. Maybe I can sneak away a little bit of the little bit I'll make on that P.T. job.

Bo_Smith

Newly Enlightened
I don't think there's much of a chance of me falling overboard until I learn the jargon around here- man it's over the top!

And I'm really only interested in high-end lights for their intended purpose, that is I'm not very interested in the gadget factor so much as I am the effect- white light. Naturally, I am a man, so there will always be a little bit of gadgeteer in me, I guess. I really want the brightest light available, in the most convenient, reliable, and durable package possible. The E2D grabbed my eye because of its scalloped bezel, and I'd been wanting a Surefire for a while. It seems as far as I can tell to be the perfect first Surefire. And for the Inova, just look at the performance they get out of LEDs nowadays! And the price is right, and the batteries are cheaper. Plus, I've heard they're about bomb-proof. I would like a second m3 and mount for an AR (I like the one from GG&G, I think), but that's down the road, and not something that I need to woory about now. In the meantime, there are a lot of threads to read, and a nifty "search" function.

-Bo

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bo_Smith said:
Empath and Jayflash-
I don't consider myself a "flashaholic" because as of this second I only have three decent lights (2 xts and one m3- and that one's not for finding lost car keys- lol). The E2D will get here when it gets here. On the other hand, I really am liking the looks of the Inova t-3... sigh another preorder, and I haven't even got the first one yet...

Thanks for the welcome.

-Bo

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to CPF, Bo!

No sense in Denying. Anyone who desires better flashlights IS a flashaholic (better than Mag). Some of us keep our purchases within reason. Some will buy anything that lights up. Of course, there alot in between those two.

OZ

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bo,

Flashaholic Anonymous meets every Thursday night.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
But bring your own batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome and enjoy the people here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF & "hold on to your wallet"!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif