While on the subject of Arc AAA lookalikes....

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif that is nice! me likes alot! push-button tailswitch! wish the arc aaa had a pushbutton switch, then i would use it more often. hmmm?? battery/circuitry conversion for this light?......

Tweek

Enlightened
It uses 6 AG3 button cells? Not much capacity there at 42mAh nominal, but a stack of 6 makes over 9 volts... I wonder exactly what kind of LED they're feeding with that, and how... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
push-button tailswitch! wish the arc aaa had a pushbutton switch, then i would use it more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's precisely the reason why I now EDC the Dorcy 1AAA (1LED)

Dorcy2_Arc_Ultra_S.jpg

Despite the fact the Dorcy is obviously not as well built as either the ArcAAA or Ultra-G, not particularly efficient in size for an AAA light, and the beam is not as smooth as the Ultra-G.

However the size and shape turned out to be very nice for activating the tail-switch with the thumb - even the rubber inserts are well positioned. The larger than necessary size for an AAA light also turned out to be better for (non-keyring) pocket carry.
Dorcy 1AAA #2 (vs ArcAAA vs Ultra-G vs Dorcy #1)

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vincent. Your photo credit is undoing your "unknown ness" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
RonM said:
Hey Vincent. Your photo credit is undoing your "unknown ness" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So would my sig, and any of those links......

but sssh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif don't tell anyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif