Jello Shots / Vodka Question

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, the last time I asked about alcoholic drinks the cpf lush's came out of the woodwork. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Notably, Sasha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

So, how do I make Jello shots? What alcohol is good to use?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Jello Shots

packages of Jello (containing sugar)
1 1/2 Cups Vodka
3 1/2 Cups Water

Bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Slowly stir in the Jello until dissolved. Wait a couple minutes and stir in the vodka.

Pour into a tray and chill. Cut Jello into indivdual shot size pieces.

As with any recipe using alcohol, use in moderation.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

o btw dont eat em all that is like drinking 12 beers or so

14C

Enlightened

It's been a number of years since...but anyway be careful...in my experience they can really sneek up on you.

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Ok, the last time I asked about alcoholic drinks the cpf lush's came out of the woodwork. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Notably, Sasha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY!! I resemble that remark!
drunk.gif

<small><small>*pssst!... use Absolute Mandarin Vodka and orange jello!*</small></small>

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, just got back from grocery shopping. Picked up a large package of cherry jello. I'll get to the liquor store probably this week.

Now I have a new question, which Vodka? I want something affordable but not bottom of the bbl? Is there a diffeence?

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
packages of Jello (containing sugar)
1 1/2 Cups Vodka
3 1/2 Cups Water

Bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Slowly stir in the Jello until dissolved. Wait a couple minutes and stir in the vodka.

Pour into a tray and chill. Cut Jello into indivdual shot size pieces.

As with any recipe using alcohol, use in moderation.

[/ QUOTE ]No Way! Who wrote this for you raggie? Caps? Punctuation? I'm not buyin' it. Who stole your identity? Or is it the vodka got you all straightened out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At one of my jobs many moons ago, we played in some outside volleyball tournaments. No alcoholic *beverages* were allowed, so we turned instead to jello shots of course. That worked.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

lol cut and paste i use it all the time i love it

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you really want to get trashed with the things, you can use some squeeze bottles like the ones ketchup/catsup or mustard comes in. Fill them, chill them, and squeeze to enjoy.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
enjoy your hooves

[/ QUOTE ]Huh?

Moth

Newly Enlightened

You asked for it...

"What is Jello made from? Is it true that it's is made out of cow hooves?"
Well, it's not cow hooves...But the real answer isn't pretty. In fact, it's hard to believe that we can create such lovely and delicious molded dessert products out of the discarded animal parts used to create commercial gelatin. But if you'd like to know more, just keep reading!

Jell-O, like all gelatin products (including those made for photographic and laboratory use, as well as for desserts!) is made out of hides, bones, and inedible connecting tissue! Gelatin can be extracted from any kind of animal, but cows are most common.

Sorry about that! (from http://www.chefandy.com/) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

As Henny Youngman once said:

I don't drink any more.

(and I don't drink any less either!)

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shot out of the dark but the next time I go home in 2 weeks, I'll experiment with Jello shots.

I will be giving Absolut Vodka and Grey Goose Vodka a try, along with Bacardi 151 to see if that works with Jello. If I have the time, Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Gordon's London Dry Gin, Bacardi Superior Rum, and maybe toss in some Bacardi Razz with Strawberry Jello.

I have a feeling the Grey Goose and Jello is going to be a winner...and maybe I'll get toasted off all this liquor and be a "winner." LOL NOT!

Thanks for the idea CPF'ers! Flashlights and alcohol, what a nice combo..