New site menu - comments?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!

Here I am, a Moderator, and I'm not even sure where to post this so I'll post it here since all is fair game in the Cafe (more or less).

I've updated my FlashlightReviews.com website with a javascript menu on the main page for quick jumps to various locations in the site. All I'm looking for is;

"good" or "bad"?
Does it work with your browser?
Any problems you see?

I know there have been a LOT of newbies and I've been unable to keep up with CPF as much lately as I used to, so here's some background info for those of you who don't know.

My site started out a few years ago as my own extention of CPF for myself and other folks who wanted to show off their mods (no imagestation back then!). Over the years it has taken on a life of it's own. It is NOT a commercial venture and is not affiliated with any retailer or manufacturer. My only revenue (very little so far) is from a Tactical Warehouse referral link that I just recently put on the SF pages to try to make back a little money from all the time and effort I put into the site. All the other banners are just "thank you's" to retailers who help the site grow by sending review materials. I hope everyone finds the site useful and helpful. Based on feedback I get, most folks seem to enjoy it and I'm glad to be helping out my fellow flashaholics "feed their addiction"!

Well, let me know what you think about the new menus! By clicking on the folders/ plus signs they should expand and contract. Thanks!

http://flashlightreviews.home.att.net/index1.html

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's friggin' great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

it's especially great for the charts you've made. i remember alot of ppl always asking where to find them.

straight to Flashlight Reviews and check the drop down menu under "Features"!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although there are several good review sites, I have always enjoyed your site and think that it rates as one of the best. When I first came across the CPF over a year ago I used your site to help get up to speed. Thanks for the effort!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Doug,

Good.
It works.
No problems.

Thanks for taking the time to put all of this information together. It is a great resource and I refer to it quite often.

Tom

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:
"good" or "bad"?
Does it work with your browser?
Any problems you see?

[/ QUOTE ]
1: "Good"
2: Works fine with IE 6.0.2800; works fine with Firefox 0.8
3: Nope, but I haven't tried every single link yet.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since joining CPF I've watched your site grow and go from strengh to strengh, heck you've even invented your own unit of light measurement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The current layout is as good as ever (clean and easy to navigate)

Works fine with IE6 and Avant Browser.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an improvement to what was already a useful site - Thanks for your effort.

The output/throw chart doesn't fully reproduce for me. It Begins with the SF-10X on top but only goes to the KL4/E1e at the bottom of the chart. The second page doesn't show up. When viewing "print preview" only one of seven pages is present. There was another link that reproduced the entire chart but I forgot where it's located.

Thanks for your help.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jayflash,

Which link are you using to see the chart? I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Which browser?

Glad to hear that the expanding menu is working! Thanks all for the comments so far!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quickbeams, I've got I.E. 6.0 I believe. I'm PC dumb and not politically correct either. Everything else is great; you have an easy to use site.