Inova XO review and pics **UPDATE: Sent to Roy!**

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
I just came back from the Discovery Store. I had to ask the worker for one. She mentioned that these were not supposed to be released yet (end of April/early May). There was a screw up and some shipped out. The store hadn't got word to pull it from the shelves yet but the person in charge at the store said they were expecting word to come "any minute" to pull off the shelf.

Weird, in any event I managed to get a couple.

First, some pics. I'll post a review later after I play with it for a while. (pics up in a few...)

inova.JPG

inovaii.JPG

inovaiii.JPG

inovaiv.JPG

inovav.JPG

inovavi.JPG

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
Re: Inova X0 review and pics

I'm going to do a bunch of beamshots later tonight when it gets darker.

Please let me know if there are any shots you want me to take, angles, beamshots, side by side with another light etc.

Right out of the package the finish feels much tougher and thicker than the standard X5t finish. It is dull black, like the HAIII, but I think its HAII.

It looks like it has a reflector + optics. Some strange circular pattern on the optics that shows up in the beam pattern.

The lens feels like glass.

Does not appear to be user replaceble (glass lens) so if you scratch it your SOL.

Holster is still the dumb floppy one, the belt loop is up top. If the belt loop was built into the back of the holster it would be much better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Basically this is a Bigger X5t with 1w luxeon. If you like the X5t and don't mind the bulk this is for you. Like I said I'll get some beamshots up later.

jtice

Flashaholic

I am sad to see that these are longer than the X5T's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, if the beam is nice, I figure I will end up getting one.

The ussual shots would be good, compared to say, an Arc LSH-P if possible.
And compared to the X5T and X1 or corse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, if you could do some "real world" outside beamshots, that would be great.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

May I ask for beamshots 3" away from a white paper to see the side spill? Perhaps we should compare it to other 1 watt LS?

Thanks!

NorthernStar

Enlightened

GarminGPSMap:

It looks like the XO has the same close centered light as the X5,but how about the XO´s ability to give wide spread light to the sides at long distances? Is it the same as the X5?

Northernstar

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

"Holy geode rings, Batman!" In the second pic the original X5T actually looks brighter, and with more sidespill.

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened

LOL,

NO that's just my lack of knowledge on how to take beamshots. Let me re-assure you that the XO is MUCH brighter and throws way more than the X5.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Garmin, could you do longer range beam shots so we can get an idea of sidespill?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice set 'o photo shots Garmin. Yes, how about a 25 - 50 foot comparison if it's not too time consuming. You'd be doing those of us without a digicam a favor. Regardless, thanks for your time already taken.

alberto

Enlightened

Thanks for the nice pics.

It looks like this is the big boy (2x123) version of the X1 (1xAA) with the highly focused spotlight pattern. Any explanation for the extra length over the X5? Switch? Optics?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the beamshots!

It does seem that the X5 has more a smoother central sidespill, gradually fading off to, the X0's rings are a result of the "steps" in the optics I think.

The next step would be to have beam shots at the 6 feet range, and if you can, the outside real world beam, though that would prove difficult if you live in a city area, with all the light pollution.

Thanks once again for the beamshots!

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

I examined the Inova X0 this afternoon at a Discovery Store in LA and was prepared to walk out with one. My reaction, in a word...clunky. Certainly clunky compared to an X5T or my ARC4+. Another thing that bothered me was the tailswitch. The push button switch wouldn't work reliably until you turned it so it was just a small fraction of a turn from full-on. I was disappointed in the product and left with my $59+ still intact.

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened

It's just now starting to get dark here in SoCal so as soon as it's pitch dark I'll do long range beamshots.

The longer body looks to be from the deep reflector and optics. The beam is usable, much more so than the X1.

This throws much more than my KL1, I like it! A beamshaper would flood the light for up close use.

It's much more white than my KL1 too. Both XOs are.

Another hour and I should have long range up from my backyard. Maybe 8:30-9pm ish

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened

DOH, I'm still working on it. SORRY for the delay. This is AMAZING. It's like the focus of the L5 but with a 1W luxeon. This kills the KL1 in throw

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

why don't you tape a piece of paper to a tree like 50-100 feet away and light that up?

or is that just something i do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

eitherway, i'm waiting for any beamshots you might have Garmin, thanks for getting out and taking them.