New vendor for sandwich/optics/heads?!?!

Zman

Enlightened
Randomly surfing for new sources again, and this one looks very very promising. They have what appear to be complete bulb replacements (with Fraen Optics) for Maglites with choice of 1,3, or 5 Watt Leds. In the 1 and 3 watters they offer colors as well as LD/HD/SE. Price range $24-$61 US!!!! They even offer a driver circuit claiming 95% efficiency--350ma output 0.7-4.5V input for $12!! I emailed and left a message on their machine today. Hope its legit!
Heres the link
led replacement bulbs
Moderator(s) please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum.

14C

Enlightened
I ordered a 3 watt mag drop in this last week (no optic). I'll let you know what it looks like when I get it......:)

14C

Enlightened
I am pretty sure I found that site from another post but I can't remember who and where.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they're using the Zetex circuit for some of their flashlights. 95% is a bit optimistic, probably measured at one particular operating point.

They also have some MR-16 LED replacement lights that work off DC or AC. Doesn't say what type of LED is used in this Optiled product.

*Retired*
http://www.quality-items-flashlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=91

1 Watt LED Driver
World's smallest, 4mm x 8mm
Super high efficiency, 95% Zetex solution
350mA, 3.75 DCV Output
Operates down to 0.7 DCV (up to 4.5 DCV Input)

Interesting, no solder fillet on the top side where the wires go in.

Even on a fresh 123, I'd doubt the 95% efficiency claim, personally....

Though, with 3.6V in, and 3.6V out, it just may possibly do the 95%...I've never tested the Zetex that way.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get it. Do they just go into the bulb socket, with the retaining ring/collet removed?
Do they have regulation?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
http://www.quality-items-flashlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=91

1 Watt LED Driver
World's smallest, 4mm x 8mm
Super high efficiency, 95% Zetex solution
350mA, 3.75 DCV Output
Operates down to 0.7 DCV (up to 4.5 DCV Input)

Interesting, no solder fillet on the top side where the wires go in.

[/ QUOTE ]

The background was done in a photoshop type program using gradient fill. The color of the filet was too close to the background, so it got filled with the new background color.

Thanks for the pointer. That may be just what I needed.

Daniel

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
NewBie,

Thanks for the link- just ordered a couple. Don't know when I'll get a chance to try them though.

Larry

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Though, with 3.6V in, and 3.6V out, it just may possibly do the 95%...I've never tested the Zetex that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was hinting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Play the specsmanship game to make the sale. That's why I respect companies like Surefire and Arc who doesn't fart around and gives you meaningful and conservative numbers.

CM

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
CM said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was hinting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Play the specsmanship game to make the sale. That's why I respect companies like Surefire and Arc who doesn't fart around and gives you meaningful and conservative numbers.

CM

[/ QUOTE ]

hear hear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Well, I got them today and am sorely dissapointed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif The "package" is not as pictured and consists of an epoxy cylinder .485"dia X .325 long with the leads exiting axially! No instructions included (not that they'd be needed- same color coding as the MicroPuck) and no packing slip. I wasn't impressed with the $9.95 shipping (UPS ground) either. I'm not going to bother even trying one! Very tempted to post an official jeer!

Larry

14C

Enlightened
I promised to post when I got the 3W LED. I did....just not to this thread.

The 3 Watt Diamond LED Replacement bulb appears to be a high dome luxeon. it is mounted inside of an anodized "can" (the PR base is soldered to this can) that should provide heatsinking. The can istelf is threaded on the inside. You remove the stock bulb retainer and the bulb then screw the unit in. It fits within the reflector cam just like the original bulb on the stalk.

The color is not as white as my EverLED (when used by itself it's plenty white) in a 3C Mag but the light output is greater and the beam pattern better. The beam can be focused to a nice hotspot with very usable side-spill.

All-in-all it's a good product and the price and light output whip the EverLED.

I have ordered several more and am going to send one to Craig so he can review it.

I also plan to send some Mag 3Cs with these and either acrylite lenses from Otokoyama or sputtered reflectors from darkzero (looks like the acrylite lenses because timing is an issue) to Bethany at The Battery Station for shipment to Iraq either late next week or on May 12th.