LED closest in size to PrincetonTec Blast?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Well, I am sure you know about the Arc AAA since you have been here for quite a while. It will be significantly smaller than the blast. IIRC, the blast is that xenon one that uses 2 AAA's. Well, the arc looks to be barely bigger than 1 AAA, so it would be smaller. I will be getting one by the end of the year. I can't wait. I wonder how many people on CPF have an Arc AAA. There won't be a whole lot of LED lights that small though, because not many of the lights have the step up that allows the Arc to run off of 1 battery.

Spud

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I'm not sure how large the Attitude is, but acceptable size is definatly going to vary between people, and what you are doing. I am in high school, and we are not allowed to carry jackets. If we were, I would carry a lot more. But since we are not, the largest thing I carry is my key ring. It has a solitaire and a Tec 20 on it. It is fairly large, but small enough I find it acceptable. YMMV. If you are going to use the light a lot, I'd say an Arc, if not, maybe a photon. But the Arc isn't all that much more, maybe $10 than a photon, but is much MUCH cheaper to run.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
If price isn't limiting your choices...I'd wait for the ARC-LS and use the 3v lithium setup. It'll be small and BRIGHT! You can see pics of the prototype at the led museum...if you haven't already.

I was also thinking of getting the Blast myself and retrofitting it with one of Ledcorps LS bulbs...That should be pretty bright as well, but not regulated like the ARC LS and ARC are...

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the form factor of the Blast, since the three AAAs are side by side, making the light very short. That, plus the clip so it can be attached to the brim of a cap for headlamp like use.

If PTec would redesign the Attitude so the 4 AAAs are side by side, it would be only a little fatter than the blast. The Attitude is a great light, but I really wish it had the Blast's ability to clip onto a cap.

Craig720

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tater Rocket:
I am in high school, and we are not allowed to carry jackets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, high school pretty much sucked. It did when I was there, anyway.

Craig720

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roger:
I was also thinking of getting the Blast myself and retrofitting it with one of Ledcorps LS bulbs...That should be pretty bright as well, but not regulated like the ARC LS and ARC are...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that you pretty much need the regulated voltage, though, don't you? Otherwise you drain the batteries very quickly.