Sony 32" TV: KV-32V26 info request

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Sony 32\" TV: KV-32V26 info request

Hi Folks,

Anybody know about TVs? The other day I recieved a free Sony 32" KV-32V26, manufactured in Mexico in 1998. It does have problems -- it will turn on an fucntion fine, but then after 10 min or so it turns itself off (poltegiest!)

I'm thinking of trying to get it fixed, and old retired TV repair man I know has said it'll probably cost around $80... and that most likely the problem is damaged solder connections that he'll have to hunt down. Hhis over the phone est of $80 dos allow for replacing what he said were the 3 or 4 parts that also tend to cause problems.

So what do ya think... does it sound worth it? Decent TV? At around $100 (assuming the guy can fix it w/o trouble) is it worth it?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Sony 32\" TV: KV-32V26 info request

awesume tv. sonys rule but that is a lot of money for a older tv.and it may not fix the problem.if it was me id atept to fix it my self(note tv repair is very dangereos ya can get shocked even when its unpluged)

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i have a sony 27 inch my dad found at garage salem for 15 bucks.the picture is amazeing

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

I currently have a Sony 20 inch, that I bought new way back in 1992. It has been a champ, great picture.

It did go on the fritz once about 4 years ago... my same buddy fixed it for about $70 and it's been great since then.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

My family currently has a Sony television, which is our main tv. It was made back in September of 1988, and has had only one repair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

if the picture is good while it is working it is worth fixing.
dont run it anymore till you get it fixed.
on that model the hor.driver transformer breaks loose from the board and causes this symptom.
it will cause failure of the hot and blow up the psu when it goes shorted.
if you are good at soldering you can fix it yourself.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Data,

I just happen to own a Sony KV-32V16. Might be a little different but probably close enough so. Before you do anything check this out. There is a sleep timer on the remote. make sure it's not set or the button is not stuck. I don't think it actually goes down to ten minutes, but it might since it's a different model.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

Well I dropped it off today. My buddy said the picture quality looked fine and he's gonna see what he can do ::fingers crossed::

I should hear back in a week or so.