Luxeon pronunciation?

CanadianGuy

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, I've done a bit of searching on CPF and elsewhere on how "Luxeon" should be pronounced, and came up emptyhanded. I'm not sure how most people say it, so here's my guesses:

1) luck-see-un (probably the one, which is exactly the way it looks)

2) luck-she-un (some people put the "sh" in words with x in it, right?)

3) lou-shin (yeah, this one's pretty far fetched, eh?)

4) lou-zee-un (like how xenon has the "zee" sound, but again it seems far fetched)

I bet I'm giving you all a good laugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but I just want to know that in my mind, I'm pronouncing it right. Maybe this hasn't even been discussed yet?

Thanks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Here's my guess and how I've been saying it:

lucks-ee-un, or when saying it fast lucks-un.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well I have heard many say it and I would sugest considering lux and eon. As in lucks-e-on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've always called them lux-un's...

boy wouldn't it be embarrising to go to a flashlight convention and realize that you've been pronouncing the name wrong for the past 2 years?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

well you guys better start calling them lux-uns, because saying it any other way gives me the heebeejeebees. :shudder:

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well that sucks...

when i meet you guys in person, please understand that when i say "luxun", i mean luxeon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

zumlin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
People I work with pronounce it "Damn thats bright".

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened
I thought it was Luke see ahn LVX latin for light is pronounced Lukes I thought....I just figured it was related.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey,
At least most of us can spell it right most of the time! It's a good thing that the artist formerly known as Prince didn't name the dang LED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
I pronounce "Lux éon laide", the word in french for "not very nice" in English /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
But I am not an example for American's pronounciation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

BillBill

Newly Enlightened
Strange, I iniatially assumed "lukes-on"

No, that does not mean "not very nice" (in my limited knowledge).

Spudman

Enlightened
Since I never discuss it outside of this forum, I don't think I've ever had to say it out loud. When I read it though, I always hear it as lux-ee-on.
It could be one of those "tricky" words, like timbre. I still mispronounce that one in my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif