Here's another one: Surefire E1E or Arc LSH?

T

TimN

Here\'s another one: Surefire E1E or Arc LSH?

Which one for EDC?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Re: Here\'s another one: Surefire E1E or Arc LSH?

ARC LS because the lumens are similar but the ARC has 2 hours regulated runtime vs 90 minutes for the E1e. The E1e has more throw but not enough to outweigh the runtime issue IMHO. If you prefer a pocket clip that might be more important to you.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Hello again Tim,

Arc LS because you 1) can put a twisty on it and make it real small (shorter than a Firefly); 2)you can throw a resistor in it and get two levels; 3) you don't have to buy lamps for it (I maintain two MN01s in reserve for accidents); 4) you can use the 2AA holder and have a backup power source if you run out of 123s; and 5) it's an Arc.

On the other hand, you may 1) need throw; 2) like warm light, not the white of LED; 3) want the hex bezel, which doesn't roll; 4) need a LOTC; 5) need a clip for pocket carry or use on the bill of your cap; or 6) prefer to spend less money; in which case maybe an E1E is for you.

Of course, the answer is to buy both! (I EDC the LSH or the 4+, not the E1E or E2E.)

daloosh

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arc LS

unless...... you want to replace the E1e head with a surefire KL4 LED head. Then you get what we call a TW4. Do a search on this forum for a TW4 and you will see it kicks butt against every small LED light out there.

GregR

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

the arc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arc LS... I found the E1e/KL1 combo a little too 'big' for EDC in pants pocket after I got my Arc LS!

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened

e1e big ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif right now i have a e2e + inova x5t-ha + nokia 6610 mobile phone in my front right pocket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yikes Casey, so do the girls come up to you and say like "Is that a bulge in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif Ok, just kidding... I don't even want to ask whats in your left pocket then...

Well, comparitively yes, btwn the E1e/KL1 and the Arc LS, I'd say the LS is smaller and more convenient...

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif naughty boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif actually it does not bulge out at all, not that obvious. FYI, i have my wallet in my left pocket .

yup, agree with Stanley, Arc LS is smaller, or better, carry both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gifThat is funny!! Well, I used to carry an E1e with KL1 and I thought it was small enough. I don't mind the slightly extra weight. But I am sure some of you in CPF might be aware that I lost my E1e together with the KL1 attached. I am now looking at Arc 4 to replace it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy Ho

jhereg

Enlightened

I would go with the E1E if I was choosing between those 2. I think it's more flexible & I really like the added throw of the E1 over the LSH. I find they are about equal when working on something close. The E1 is the best light I own for reading street signs at night. It has enough throw to light them up well, but doesn't cause a lot of glare on the windshield when it shines through.

On the other hand, my main EDC is a Surefire L4. (Plus 2 AAA, an Arc AA, and a Surefire E2E.) I still keep an E1 in the car for night driving.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened

Casey, you keep the hard anodized sandpaper-like E1e with your plastic cell phone? I always keep my E2e in the pocket with keys and not the one with the cell phone. E2e HA knurling scratches both of them and might as well let it scratch the keys.

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened

haha, i carry my e2e in a holster, only a 2/3 of the tailcap part is exposed. Less chances of scratching, however, my phone has been slightly scratched, what the heck, i can always get a replacement for the cover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I learn by the hard way. I use to carry my E2e with my phone and other stuff in my pocket. My phone was badly scratched, my CR123 was badly scratched (although it doesn't matter), my camera lens cap was scratched (I always left it in my pocket when taking pictures), and lately I realized that some of the HA on my E2e is coming off.

Now I left it in another pocket strictly dedicated for my E2e. You can say that my E2e is enthroned in my pocket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy Ho

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll throw you a curve and say Longbow. From what I've heard brighter than arc and alot less. Bulldog will have them anyday now.

Latest posts