Unmarked LSHF-P? (pic added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnamin

Enlightened
I just got a Fraen-equiped Arc LSH from the 'Bay. It's supposed to be an LSHF-P, but is marked as an LSH-P. I compared the beam with an LSH-P and it does look like it has a Fraen. Did some of the LSHF-Ps come unmarked as such?

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Re: Unmarked LSHF-P?

Yes, the first batch of LSHF-P from Peter, are marked LSH-P. Mine is like yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But no only it looks like it has a fraen, it has a fraen indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

I don't think the optic type was ever part of ARC nomenclature accept for marketing. I'm probably wrong, though. I just love saying nomenclature; use it every chance I get whether appropriate or not.

Nice Panerai watch by the way! Me likes!

Zigzago

Enlightened

My LSHF-P is marked "LSH-P." It was probably not cost-effective to do special engraving for it.

grnamin

Enlightened

Thanks to all! That satisfies my curiosity. I did get an LSHF-P directly from Arc that was labeled LSHF-P. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

Hey! I want one marked LSHF-P! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Now look what you've done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DumboRAT

Enlightened

I remember asking Peter about this directly during the run - they are not distinguished by extra markings except for the usual LSH-P stamp.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

grnamin

Enlightened

I bought the LSHF-P about two weeks ago. I ordered it for my sister so I don't have it anymore. I'll see if she can take a picture of the markings so I can post it here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Hi Greg:

AFAIK, the newer LSHF-Ps do have the LSHF marking/etching, whereas the older runs only say LSH-P. Other than that, I believe there were no changes between the more "recent" runs and older runs.

I don't own an LSHF, so I can't confirm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

The one I have here says [LSH-P] on the body, and [LSHF-NAT-P] on the ziplock label.

DumboRAT

Enlightened

Prolepsis - Thanks for that info ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nekomane - That was how mine was marked as well... I was among the first to sign-up with Peter for this light, and was among the first purchased.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi DumboRAT,
Got mine through a dealer so am not sure when it was stocked from Arc. I love how these come with neat engravings and serial numbers, makes you want more than you need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

grnamin

Enlightened
Thanks, Prolepsis. Here's a pic of my sister's LSHF-P:
orig.jpg

simbad

Enlightened
My LS says LSHF-P 0027, the label:LSHF-nat-P #0027 checked Feb 02-2004, and is a first one, it has a white bright square tight spot that lights like 50 feet, similar number than your sister's, grnamin

Status
Not open for further replies.